Need advice on connecting 4 cieling speakers !!

S

savvy2112

Audiophyte
Hello outthere!

I am a newb at this and really need your advice. I just moved into a house that has 6 cieling speakers throughout. 2 in the main room, 2 in the kitchen and 2 in the bedroom. I ultimately want to rig it to my 47' Vizo HDTV in the living room to play pandora via internet and via my connected iPhone, etc. Here is the issue, all wires, and looks like two for each speaker come out in the cieling in the same place and has a electrical plug on that cieling shelf. It is no where near the tv, as I have vaulted ceilings. I have a vizo soundbar and another suround sound system I can use, but how can that surround sound system (on the ceiling shelf/ledge) communicate with my Vizio tv which is closer to the floor with out a mega long and hideous lookin av cables running up the wall to the ledge?? TV has optical, hdmi and old skool av cables. Help!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
To my knowledge, there isn't a really clean way to do this. My guess is that they may have initially put in some sort of Sonos box with WiFi up in that location and that may have gone into a speaker selector or it may run out to impedance matching volume controls.

It is unfortunate that the wires were not home run to a central location which could properly store different equipment that would allow for any number of different controls to be utilized. I would most likely look into Sonos though as this may be one of the better solutions to your problem. And, IMO, you do have a problem because what you may wish to do may not at all be possible without running some wires. Especially if you aren't comfortable with all the connections which are required for a home A/V system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis