Need advice for my first HT-audio equipment

F

Fer

Audiophyte
Hi all:

First of all excuse me for my poor English.

I´d like to buy my first HT-audio equipment and the seller recomended me the next configuration:

- Marantz DVD player DV-8400 (2130 €)
- Atlantic Technology pre-amplifuer P2000 (1730 €)
- Atlantic Technology power amplifier A2000 (1320 €)
- Polk Audio speakers 5.1 system: front RTi12, rear RTi8, center CSi5, subwoofer PSW-202 (2555 €)
- Benq projector PE8700 (5220 €)
- Electric screen 3 meters width (985 €)

What do you think about each one of the components? Is this a good election? My fear is if every component worths its price or, perhaps, there are components with similar characteristics with a lower cost.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Fer
Spain

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Your choice of Polk Rti series of loudspeakers is heavily skewed. they are good speakers but you are planning on spending too much for your electronics to consider Polks low-end speakers.

My suggestions would be either A: Spend more on speakers. Polk LS series would be the minimum I'd pair w/ your amp/pre-amp. You might be better off w/ a higher-end brand all together.

or B: spend less on the electronics. Polk RT series would go well with a mid-priced Sony, Onkyo, or Denon reciever.

And the Marantz DVD player is astronomically expensive. There is no reason you should spend more than 200 on a player when your using a Ben-Q projector. I wouldn't spend $2000 on a player unless I had a $100,000 projector!

And only you know if you want an electric screen. I'm buying a fixed-screen myself (I never plan on moving it also).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis