Native Union Bluetooth Handset and Dock - Bluetooth Speakerphone

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
I'm very new to the cell phone world . . . 46 yrs old and I've had my first cell phone since June of this year . . . how lame is that . . .

In any case, I ditched my home phone after picking up this cell; however, I don't like the fact that I have to be on the same floor in order to hear my cell phone ringing . . . so, I was looking for a dock station that would permit me to post the phone (once I walk in the door) & if it rang, I'd hear it anywhere in the house . . . similar to a regular house phone. Additionally, it would permit playback of any music on the phone & also permit speaker phone capabilities . . . So that's what I was looking for . . .and I thought I found that when I found the Native Union Bluetooth Handset and Dock - Bluetooth Speakerphone (see attached picture) . . . well, it kind of fell short of my expectations . . .

Fit/finish were great (IMO) and it felt solid w/ a heavy base; so, I didn't worry about breaking it or tipping it over or . . . . well, just name it. That being said, I say it fell short of my expectations (especially for a $189) for two primary reasons (1) overall sound quality was (IMO) poor to fair-- for both music playback & phone sound quality & (2) I thought the reception was also poor to fair.

This is not intended to be an unsolicited product review (not my place) . . . but rather I only present this information because I'm hoping someone will be able to suggest another product as I'm still looking for an iPHone docking station that meets the needs stated above . . .

Thanks in advance to any/all for their input.

Shek5150

Attachments

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know anything about that setup but there are cordless phones packages with lots of handsets that have a base station that can tie into your cell phone. When you get home you connect to the base station via Bluetooth and when you get a call the handsets all ring and you can answer any handset. It's really intended for long distance calls and I wasn't all that impressed but it works. You do lose the use of your Bluetooth headset while the cell is connected to the base station. I just carry my cell phone with me it's simpler.

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Reply to Sholling

Sholling,

I surely appreciate your reply . . . I don't understand how a post can have 100+ views and nobody had any suggestions . . . :eek:. . . other than yourself.

So, I do appreciate you taking the time to reply . . . I will check into what you referenced.

Cheers,

Shek

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Reply to Sholling 2

Sholling,

Hey there . . . I did check into that system you suggested . . . and it seems like it's a better idea than the "Native Union Speakerphone" . . . generally speaking-the cordless home phones seem to have no problem w/ connectivity throughout the house . .. where as the bluetooth of the Native Union Speakerphone was very poor (regarding connectivity) . . .

In any case, thanks again . . .

Shel

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis