Naim Audio products?

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Naim is very well known in the high end audio community.
The problem is, do you agree with their prices? :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Sure, their prices are fine ... if you can afford a Bentley.

Rick, what brought all this on? Are you trading in your Toyota? :D
No, I wouldn't consider them even if I could afford them.:D
I saw them a few months ago at a friend of a friend's house. I'd never heard of them before.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No, I wouldn't consider them even if I could afford them.:D
Bentleys or Naim?

If I could afford them I have both and I would buy better friends.

... I mean you guys are alright ... for the money. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Bentleys or Naim?

If I could afford them I have both and I would buy better friends.

... I mean you guys are alright ... for the money. :D
Oh, I didn't click that link until now... I meant the Naim stuff.
I am replying to your PM though.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Naim products are very nice.... I have used them in dealerships on many occasions, and they sound very good, and have decent power specs to drive a great many speakers...

A/Bing them with the push of a button against general AVR's to me had better SQ imaging and soundstaging....

As others have suggested, they are expensive but I'm sure you could find some good deals on them used....

I also like what Musical Fidelity products brought to the plate....

FWIW, I've never owned either of these name brands as I don't have a dedicated 2 ch rig... but I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I did.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello all
Does anyone own or have any more info on this company or it's equipment?
Naim Audio - British manufacturer of high-fidelity audio electronics - Overview

Thanks!
Naim equipment is excellent with a really good build quality.

Naim as speaker company does not immediately come to mind. However their speakers are excellent.

A physician my wife works with, who also plays the oboe, has an older pair of Naim speakers and will just not part with them.

Naim have provided the car audio systems for Bentley/Rolls for many years.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Let's see the Naim 5i integrate gives you a whopping 50 watts p/ch...only a guess here but I'm likely not their target market? Fwiw here is a quote from the discription page... "delivers 50 watts into real loudspeaker loads and equiped with ipod/mp3 input on the front panel" ...really?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
"delivers 50 watts into real loudspeaker loads and equiped with ipod/mp3 input on the front panel" ...really?
Sure, it's not just the old that have money and it gives rich people something to buy for their kids.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Naim equipment is excellent with a really good build quality.

Naim as speaker company does not immediately come to mind. However their speakers are excellent.

A physician my wife works with, who also plays the oboe, has an older pair of Naim speakers and will just not part with them.

Naim have provided the car audio systems for Bentley/Rolls for many years.
It's interesting that they offer upgrades to their products, like external power supplies.
Though I did become a bit suspicious when some upgrades were power cords. As shown here: Naim Audio - British manufacturer of high-fidelity audio electronics

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'll sell you a power cord if you want ... what's your point? :D
Their description of their 4mm power cord upgrade, that's equivalent to 6-AWG: "The Power-Line cable ....... individual dielectric insulation chosen for its sound enhancing electrical properties......"

And this: "The Power-Line brings gains in all areas of system performance with its influence increasing as it is used on each component in a system. It represents a striking and significant upgrade for all Naim hi-fi systems."

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Let's see the Naim 5i integrate gives you a whopping 50 watts p/ch...only a guess here but I'm likely not their target market? Fwiw here is a quote from the discription page... "delivers 50 watts into real loudspeaker loads and equiped with ipod/mp3 input on the front panel" ...really?
But they are expensive, hand-crafted, British watts and their Ipod input makes MP3's sound like SACD's

...but just make sure the cables you use to connect the ipod aren't low-inductance cables. :cool:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not bashing Naim, some of their power supply upgrades sound good.
I guess their marketing guys got a little carried away with the power cords.:D
Only see one dealer in the USA, and that's in Texas.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis