NAD AV receiver reviews

T

theguy

Enthusiast
To Hawke or Gene. Any thoughts on reviewing the new NAD T773? IT looks like it might be a huge winner.
FOr example:
True power on all 7 channels all running simulataneously down to 2 ohm loads.
Musically supposed to be second to none.
Can store different user setup parameters. Therefore can have one speaker setup and equalization for movies and a different one for dvd audio, etc.
Very user friendly.

How about it? What do you think?

Thanks

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
With all due respect to The Guy.

The NAD T773 is not capable of driving a continuous 2 ohm load. If you goto the website and click on the tab labeled a CLOSER LOOK you will notice it can handle dynamic peaks that dip to 2 ohms. However the 773 can drive a 4 ohm load with no trouble.

Yes, it would be nice to see a review of one of the NAD receivers however. Possibly one of the Rotel receivers as well.

Cheers,
Glenn

Last edited:
M

mwheelerk

Junior Audioholic
Given Consideration

theguy said:
To Hawke or Gene. Any thoughts on reviewing the new NAD T773? IT looks like it might be a huge winner.
FOr example:
True power on all 7 channels all running simulataneously down to 2 ohm loads.
Musically supposed to be second to none.
Can store different user setup parameters. Therefore can have one speaker setup and equalization for movies and a different one for dvd audio, etc.
Very user friendly.

How about it? What do you think?

Thanks
I had considered the model below this (I believe the T763 or T762) along with the Rotel units and the new Denon 3805. Strictly from a musical standpoint I think the NAD may have been the winner, but it is hard to judge when you are traveling to different dealers and listening through different speaker systems. The rated power with all channels driven is a big deal showing the quality of the power system. I opted for the Denon based on overall price/performance/features. I believe that the Denon with all channels driven operates about 77 wpc and with 5 channels driven about 93 wpc and that is with a manufacturer spec of 120 wpc. I am not unhappy at all. However, I have been giving consideration to building a small music only system and if I do it will come down to a NAD or Rotel integrated amp for what I want. I don't think you can go wrong with NAD products in general. You might find something else that might give you a little more this or a little more that, but you will still be a winner if you buy the NAD.

L

libor

Enthusiast
NAD would be my choice,easy operation,power(4ohms).updrades.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis