NAD 763 vs Sherwood R-865

D

davieboy

Audiophyte
Not sure which one would work better with my Totem dreamcatcher system with Arro's as L-R. Please help anyone as I tried out both and can't decide. Sound quality is most important aspect for my decision. Thanks :(

J

JB007

Audiophyte
Can't comment on the Sharewood, but recently got the NAD 763 (paired with JBL XTI 100s fronts), and love it. For music use I recomend the NAD. It's ok with HT but not as good as the Jamaha rxv 2500 (which sucks big time with music by the way)

Nad looks very cool, is simple to use (yet not simplistic). For instance, you can access seperate speaker levels from the remote (can be changed on the fly, whithout havein to change presets in setup)

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
and this is where opininos on the net will confuse you to no end

I have a NAD T773. Very simple design, easy to use, looks good, nice touch of quality to it. Remote is awesome, trim each channel levels with ease.

But, I don't like it for music. It's good for movies, seperation is great, but for music it lacks bass and a little bit of treble that can't be fixed with tone controls, and since there is no eq that is as far as you can tweak it until you put a eq into it.

Now, with a eq on it, music sounds great too.

Power is good. Runs cool, but my amp is on top of a table in a cool closet with nothing around it, or above it for several feet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis