New Marantz SR6010 and SR7010 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X AV Receivers!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Marantz has just announced their SR6010 and SR7010 network multichannel receivers that are loaded with modern features such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for immersive audio (the SR7010 adds Auro3D as an option), high-resolution streaming, wireless audio via Bluetooth and Apple AirPlay plus UltraHD support.

These new home theater receivers feature just about everything a modern music and home theater setup could want. Check out all the details on these new powerhouse receivers from Marantz.

Read: Marantz SR6010 and SR7010 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X AV Receivers Preview

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Looking at the rear panel view, the SR7010 seems like a dressed up X4200W and the Marantz probably has higher quality internal components. Overall it probably fills the gap between Denon's X4200W and the X6200W. D&M marketing is smart this way because for people who don't mind either brand and their looks, they can choose purely base on feature set, bench measurements and price point. It makes it a little easier to decide because there are no two exactly equivalent models between the two.

Last edited:
J

Jared J. Crandall

Enthusiast
I bought the AV7702mkii and have been told by Marantz (directly) that Auro 3D is unavailable till the firmware from DTS:X gets updated. I don't know if this issue also applies to the flagship receiver but please be advised. See below for correspondence with Marantz:

Hi Jared,
Together with DTS, we are currently working on the DTS:X update for the new models. Immediately after this update, we will make the Auro-3D upgrade available for your receiver. Due to some delay it will unfortunately not be available before early 2016. We will announce the availability of the upgrade on our homepage and you will receive an upgrade notification on your AV receiver’s GUI.

qwsa

qwsa

Enthusiast
They should “squeeze” in another (2 channels) from [9 to 11] required for
Dolby Atmos [7.1.4 ] set up and not have the extra budget /space for an additional stereo amplifier…
may be next September...:rolleyes:

J

Jared J. Crandall

Enthusiast
But even if two channels are squeezed in I bet the power supplied overall would be so low (all channels playing) that the additional of the two channels would not be worthwhile, unless you have Klipsch 98 sensitive speakers....maybe then

AVisualGeek

AVisualGeek

Enthusiast
I love this receiver…almost bought into the Onkyo when I started reading about the Marantz. The best of both worlds with tons of both HDMI and analog inputs. I have owned two onkyos in the past and have never gone wrong but I figured I might check out the alternatives to see what else is out there. DTS:X? I was reading the review here http://pocinc.net/blog/technology-news/marantz-sr7010-9-2-channel-4k-receiver-yamaha-isnt-the-only-one-with-a-beast/ where they said some good things about Marantz. There was a link that lead to some other stuff that talked about this DTS:X and I started squirming around with excitement like a little child. I only have 5.1 speakers in that room, but now I want more because this sounded absolutely wicked cool. A lot like the Yamaha that I use in the theater.

First off, the Marantz was quite a few hundred more than what I was originally going to spend, so I was nervous as I have already bought into the Yamaha at this price. However, I thought that if I didn’t like it, I can always bring it back and get the Onkyo. Nope. No way…never. My speakers sound so nice, I want to wet myself any time I listen to my Yes albums. So many features, I am still learning the menus and I can see myself once again becoming addicted to buying more speakers for a room. I kind of already planned on this to begin with but this whole ceiling business…I don’t know if I have the royal jewels down there to start cutting holes in my roof. I’ll probably work my way there very slowly.

M

Michael Semon

Audiophyte
I to love this receiver SR7010.I have had it about 2 weeks and wow also running the mm7025 with it on main channel set up in Dolby Atmos reference. Absolutely increadable. The new release of the 5th Element out of this world. Insurgent also has an intro for Dolby Atmos that's most impressive. MAD MAX. Love this receiver music will also not let you down. Great job Marantz.

A

as1337

Audiophyte
How good will this sound if coupled with an external amp? I suppose that it will not sound very good in stereo listening without the addition of external amps?

H

hotjava67

Audiophyte
guys, on the 6010 can i use the front wide or height channels as my secondary bi amp channel ? I want to use my surround channels for my rear speakers. I have rear and back surround speakers. is the 7.2 workable if i want to biamp my fronts and keep 2 backs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis