Sonus Faber Chameleon Speaker Collection Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Sonus Faber has announced their newest Chameleon Speaker Collection Series. This new series has been designed for both stereo and multi-channel applications and consists of three models: Chameleon T (floorstanding), standmount speaker Chameleon B (bookshelf), and the Chameleon C (center). The Chameleon speakers place themselves at the bottom of Sonus Faber's price segment and will be a direct competitor to price ratio most affordable Venere models in their respective categories despite the Chameleon series are handcrafted in Vicenza, unlike the Venere.

Read: Sonus Faber Chameleon Speaker Collection Preview

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Leather!?

"Sorry Bill, can't go out tonight. Gotta stay home and moisturize my speakers!"

That said, that is a very aggressive price point for them! I hope the use of leather is enabling them to save in production costs over woodworking and endless days of clear coating. Having worked with leather, I hope its thick enough and that they padded the edges where they hide the seams so that over time, and a careless owner, won't see those edges start to discolor or crack!

I'd offer a sample of Dax Lanolin to go with it! Best leather moisturizer period!

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Sonus Faber has announced their newest Chameleon Speaker Collection Series. This new series has been designed for both stereo and multi-channel applications and consists of three models: Chameleon T (floorstanding), standmount speaker Chameleon B (bookshelf), and the Chameleon C (center). The Chameleon speakers place themselves at the bottom of Sonus Faber's price segment and will be a direct competitor to price ratio most affordable Venere models in their respective categories despite the Chameleon series are handcrafted in Vicenza, unlike the Venere.

Read: Sonus Faber Chameleon Speaker Collection Preview
They certainly look elegant. But I didn't follow the comment about the 2-way needing a higher crossover point because it lacked the dual bass units. All else equal, I would expect the crossover point on the 3-way to be higher than on the 2-way, since you generally need a fairly wide pass band on the midrange to achieve a flat response in a 3-way. I checked the specs on the 2-way, but the listed crossover point is 50 Hz, which is some kind of typo. The crossover frequency on the center is, as expected, lower than on the 3-way (2000 Hz vs. 2500 Hz).

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
They certainly look elegant. But I didn't follow the comment about the 2-way needing a higher crossover point because it lacked the dual bass units. All else equal, I would expect the crossover point on the 3-way to be higher than on the 2-way, since you generally need a fairly wide pass band on the midrange to achieve a flat response in a 3-way. I checked the specs on the 2-way, but the listed crossover point is 50 Hz, which is some kind of typo. The crossover frequency on the center is, as expected, lower than on the 3-way (2000 Hz vs. 2500 Hz).
Sloppy peer reviewing on my part. Thanks Dennis. It appears the xover pt for the bookshelf and tower is the same (2500Hz).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis