Rotel releases it's new RCD-1570 CD Player

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you're still in the market for a good CD player, Rotel just released their RCD-1570. XLR outputs and the ability to work as an external DAC. What do you think?

Read more on the Rotel RCD-1570 CD Player

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm fully done with CD players long time ago, I purchase all music on physical media and then rip to FLAC.

Why is there a dac in there when they have a dac in the amp? How many dac's do we need?

If this was a streaming player without dac I would think hard about this but I don't see the point of this player really.
How about some more innovation, Rotel?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Why??? (character padding)

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
If only I could find a place around here that sells CD's.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
I'm done with CD's too. I just rip them to my computer. I'm now onto vinyl ;)

lvb1770

lvb1770

Enthusiast
The 1570 doesn't upconvert to 196kHz, does it? I'll stick with my 971 and Cambridge Audio DACMagic.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I like the fact that it explains why ultrasonics degrade the audible spectrum. Many people imagine that because they can sometimes make an audible difference to what one hears, that somehow it is of benefit to have an extra wide frequency response. But the simple fact is, when your system tries to reproduce a signal, it will produce additional frequencies aside from those fed into it, and that can be audible. And it is simply distortion, not extra music.

lvb1770

lvb1770

Enthusiast
I like the fact that it explains why ultrasonics degrade the audible spectrum. Many people imagine that because they can sometimes make an audible difference to what one hears, that somehow it is of benefit to have an extra wide frequency response. But the simple fact is, when your system tries to reproduce a signal, it will produce additional frequencies aside from those fed into it, and that can be audible. And it is simply distortion, not extra music.
Yes, a very good, contemplative article.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis