Salk Sound Soundscape 8's & More at the 2012 Audioholics Get Together

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We got to listen in the Salk Signature Sound room. Jim Salk brought three sets of speakers to the 2012 Audioholics Get Together Event, but what they were really focusing on were their SoundScape 8 tower speakers. These are the little brother to the Soundscape 10 and 12's and use the same ribbon tweeter and Accuton midrange, but the Soundscape 8 uses two 8" woofers in front in addition to dual side firing 12" passive radiators. Sensitivity is 87db SPL @ 1w/m which means it can be driven by any reasonable amplifier, and it can play down to an impressive 25Hz. This room was a favorite among audiophiles. Based on the sound quality and appearance of Salk speakers, its no mystery as to why.

Discuss "Salk Sound Soundscape 8's & More at the 2012 Audioholics Get Together" here. Read the article.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
An amazingly good speaker. One of the best I've heard.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
+2 That outrageous veneer job made them all the more desirable.
I listened to the same pair at RMAF. My #1 choice for a 2.0 pair of towers under 20K, which I wouldn't spend regardless of my means. Too many other interests :)
Cheers, Mac

Last edited:
N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
The Salk room won "best in show" from the Positive Feedback boys that attended the Audioholics GTG:

audioholics

Matt34

Matt34

Doesn't hurt that Jim is also a class act and great guy to talk to.

M

mikekam9280

Audiophyte
He calls this a review?

He talked about the Soundscapes for about 2 sentences then babbled about some other nonsense for 2 paragraphs.

Hire some real writers....

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
He talked about the Soundscapes for about 2 sentences then babbled about some other nonsense for 2 paragraphs.

Hire some real writers....
Funny its a brief from a GTG not a review, troll.

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Is it possible to get matching wood veneers on the bases of the Soundscape 8's? I only ever see black bases which looks horrible and cheap. It appears the painted models can have matching painted bases but I have yet to see this with the veneered 8's.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Is it possible to get matching wood veneers on the bases of the Soundscape 8's? I only ever see black bases which looks horrible and cheap. It appears the painted models can have matching painted bases but I have yet to see this with the veneered 8's.
Yes. Contact Jim Salk SalkSound home page

He does custom cabinet work for any of his models including the SS8.

In the past he has done other speaker models with a matching base. I don't know if they were veneered or hardwood. Look through the galleries for examples, especially in the HT3 photo pages.

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Yes. Contact Jim Salk SalkSound home page

He does custom cabinet work for any of his models including the SS8.

In the past he has done other speaker models with a matching base. I don't know if they were veneered or hardwood. Look through the galleries for examples, especially in the HT3 photo pages.
Gracias Swerd. Thanks for the info. I've seen many pictures of custom Salks and it surprises me more don't go with this option.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis