Status Acoustics Titus 8T Loudspeaker System Video Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Ever since I saw Back to the Future I've wanted speakers so big and so real they could literally blow me away... These... these come close. This is the Status 8T, and it's custom built to order in Layton, Utah by RBH Sound. There's a lot to say about these speakers, but this is a video so I'm going to try to condense it somewhat. If a speaker is the sum of its parts, then the 8T's are quite a sum. The beryllium tweeter is a Denmark-made Scan-Speak D6640 and is arguably one of the finest dome tweeters on the market. The Midrange cone is a blend of beryllium and aluminum to offer an unparalleled stiffness to weight ratio, with a gentle break up mode beyond the bandwidth of operation. The three 10" aluminum high excursion subwoofer drivers boast a 12lb motor structure in a large vented enclosure with dual 4" dimpled ports. These speakers are revealing and have endless dynamic range. I would have to say that I was completely blown away by this reference quality product. I didn't realize speakers could sound this good - or if I did, I had forgotten. The Status Acoustics 8T speaker system isn't for the faint of wallet, but even at $50,000/pair it seems fair. For those who can afford it, I find it difficult to imagine there being any speaker system that can rival the Status Acoustics 8T at any price!

Discuss "Status Acoustics Titus 8T Loudspeaker System Video Review" here. Read the article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Great review! Informative and funny. :) Unfortunately, I am both faint of wallet and weak of body. :eek: I can neither afford nor move the speakers or amps. Do you plan on bringing these on tour to Tucson? :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Great review! Informative and funny. :) Unfortunately, I am both faint of wallet and weak of body. :eek: I can neither afford nor move the speakers or amps. Do you plan on bringing these on tour to Tucson? :D
Thanks Adam. I still crack up each time i see the grille scene. I was present when the video was being shot and I didn't notice Andrew doing that for the B-Roll.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
So Gene so when do you have to haul those unreal speakers back down the stairs ?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Since my wife's and my car combined cost less than a pair of these, IMHHHHO, having the modular design but imposing the physical binding between the upper and lower boxes is a compromise when trying to achieve best placement.

Does RBH have any plans to offer the top section as a stand alone speaker and the lower section as a passive sub?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Since my wife's and my car combined cost less than a pair of these, IMHHHHO, having the modular design but imposing the physical binding between the upper and lower boxes is a compromise when trying to achieve best placement.

Does RBH have any plans to offer the top section as a stand alone speaker and the lower section as a passive sub?
No this is a fullrange speaker. If you think about it, placing a pair of tower speakers at the front of the room about 1/4 L of the front wall left/right gives you pretty damn good bass response already. Eventually they may do a separate sub but for now you could always get their new SX-1212/R :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis