Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season Blu-ray Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
When Robert Baratheon (Mark Addy) and his entourage arrive in the northern province of Winterfell, home to trusted ally and friend Eddard (Sean Bean), patriarch of House Stark, his royal visit sets off a chain of events that will forever change the shifting alliances of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. What follows is the basis of a bestselling fantasy book series called A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. It’s a deep and sprawling world of feuding clans, swords and knights both noble and not so noble. Topped with a healthy helping of sex, loyalty and deceit. HBO has turned the first book of the series into a television drama masterpiece with as much care and attention to detail as the its finest work.

Discuss "Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season Blu-ray Review" here. Read the article.

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Currently reading the books now and the first season is on order. Can't wait to see this after reading (about halfway through the entire series so far) the books. Extremely entertaining to me, much more so than Lord of the Rings.

jinjuku

jinjuku

At least Mr. Martins works are adaptable to screen play. I know Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series was optioned. But how they ever thought to make that into a live action production is beyond me.

I have been a fan of his Mosiac series of novels by the umbrella title of 'Wild Cards' since high school. It is a multi-author effort edited by Mr. Martin. The early prints are out of circulation but every once in a while a new novel is released.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't watched the show yet. I did read the first two or three books, but it's been a really long time. I need to read em again :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

The DVD's of the first season just released on Netflix today.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I can't rave enough about this disc-set.

The Guide to Westeros alone is worth the price of admission. I think we're seeing HBO making history with added features that add true value to the viewing experience and not just fluff.

If you're interested in any of the backstory this feature will clue you in to how richly detailed the world created by Martin really is.

M

manolain

Enthusiast
You guys so lucky you have amazon.com

Here in Spain we have so much higher prices....I just cant simply afford this one

bradsmith

bradsmith

Enthusiast
Same here in Canada. Prices aren't the greatest. Hoping to go pick this up sometime today, though.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Just got the Blu-Ray set in the mail this afternoon. Can't wait to start watching it this weekend. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis