Audioholics Subwoofer Measurement Data Compilation & Report

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
By now you've seen the numerous subwoofer reviews we've published using our new Powered Subwoofer Test and Room Size Rating protocol. Audioholics.com has invested a great deal of resources measuring and analyzing subwoofers over the last few years. As a result we have created the industry's most comprehensive testing procedure and database of tabulated measurement results. Our tests adhere to our strict testing methodology which is also compliant to the CEA-2010 Subwoofer Measurement Standard whenever practical. In this article, we will take you on a tour of our Excel Spreadsheet measurement results called "Audioholics CEA-2010 Subwoofer Measurement Data". It is our hope that the reader can achieve a better understanding of what all the data means for a more informed purchasing decision by making objective apples-apples comparisons between various tested products.

Discuss "Audioholics Subwoofer Measurement Data Compilation & Report" here. Read the article.

NOTE: If you are having problems downloading the EXCEL spreadsheet in the main article, I attached it as a Zip File here. Also attached is a PDF version of this file for those that don't have Excel.

I will replace and update as more test data becomes available.

Attachments

Last edited:
Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Thanks for all your hard work.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
this is great!

lot's of work i'm sure ... and i'm not even talking about the review/testing.

i must have missed it but was there a link in this article to the excel with all the subs screen capped in the article?

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
this is great!

i must have missed it but was there a link in this article to the excel with all the subs screen capped in the article?
Actual excel doc is at the bottom of the article.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
this is great!

Yes and this really concerns me that people are missing it. I even wrote how to find it and put a screenshot image circling where on the page its located.

Here is what I wrote under that image:
This can be seen on the main page of this article and any recent subwoofer review towards the bottom of the site below the "Jump to" drop down bar. You need Microsoft Excel to view it.
Please let me know if anyone is having a hard time locating the Excel File.

Thanks.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Yes and this really concerns me that people are missing it. I even wrote how to find it and put a screenshot image circling where on the page its located.

Here is what I wrote under that image:

Please let me know if anyone is having a hard time locating the Excel File.

Thanks.
if it was the DD18 link to the excel, it is pretty easy to miss if you're not actively looking for it.

but i was asking about the actual excel file that already has this info:

the one i would assume that has ALL/MOST of the subwoofer tests done by Audioholics

because i'm still not seeing it on this article (nothing below 'jump to' on p1 and p2)
i do see it on the DD18 review/article though (but it still has only the Josh Ricci reviewed subs)

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
if it was the DD18 link to the excel, it is pretty easy to miss if you're not actively looking for it.

but i was asking about the actual excel file that already has this info:

the one i would assume that has ALL/MOST of the subwoofer tests done by Audioholics
Please see the image below the LINK to EXCEL is circled.

Attachments

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
OK I replaced the image with this one which is from the actual article instead of a prior Velodyne review.

Attachments

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Excel Data sheet has been zipped and added to the first post in this thread in case anyone can't locate it in the main article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
tried on firefox or maxthon, it doesn't show on the main article ... but i got the one in your first post here ...
Well, I found it on the main article when I looked after this thread was posted - but now it doesn't show up for me. I have it, but I wonder if it's showing up for other people who go to look for it.

EDIT: Never mind - it's back on the main page, at least for me.

Last edited:
avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Downloaded the zip file and winzip says it's not a valid achive file???

Steve

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Downloaded the zip file and winzip says it's not a valid achive file???

Steve
File Roller just extracted it for me, so it must be your system. Try 7Zip.

BTW
1) Gene, it accidentally says Veldoyne, might wanna correct that typo!!
1) How come the tests from last year done IE SVS/HSU/Rythmik/Funkywaves aren't on here? I thought those were done with the CEA standard as well.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
tried on firefox or maxthon, it doesn't show on the main article ... but i got the one in your first post here ...
refresh your browser, clear out your cache and try it again please.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
File Roller just extracted it for me, so it must be your system. Try 7Zip.

BTW
1) Gene, it accidentally says Veldoyne, might wanna correct that typo!!
1) How come the tests from last year done IE SVS/HSU/Rythmik/Funkywaves aren't on here? I thought those were done with the CEA standard as well.
Thanks I found the 2 typos for Velodyne and fixed it.

All last years tests are there too. Tab2 has 3 of the 4 tests Paul did. I kept Josh's tests for Rythmik instead b/c it was tested for multiple modes.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Excellent compilation of years (in man-hours) of work ! All the info in one place
Highly appreciated !!

p.s: I didn't expect PA-150 (sold for under $400) to be such bang for the buck

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis