Aperion Audio Zona Home Audio Link (HAL) Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We spend a lot of time encouraging people to use multiple subwoofers, but rarely explain just how that might be made easier in homes where running wires is cumbersome or near-impossible due to the layout of the room. Aperion Audio seems to have recognized this and is providing a solution with the Zona Home Audio Link (HAL). Aperion is pitching this affordable $149 solution to those for whom running wires across a room is going to present a significant detriment to buying surrounds or a subwoofer. The Aperion HAL system works via a separate Send and Receive unit. The Send unit transmits high quality uncompressed audio up to 100 feet. Now this can be your surround channels, or just some music from your PC or any other audio source. This means you can stream music from your computer, your home theater, your MP3 player or any other audio source to almost any speaker system in your home!

Discuss "Aperion Audio Zona Home Audio Link (HAL) Preview" here. Read the article.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
so could I use these to run my surround speakers? I bet then i would need 2 sets rght?

S

Sometimes

Enthusiast
18 ms Lag

The 18 millisecond lag might be enough for sound-sync issues.

so could I use these to run my surround speakers? I bet then i would need 2 sets right?
You'd need one set, BUT it's not an amp, so you'd need powered speakers or a stereo amplifier as well. The send and receive units both have 1/8" stereo mini jacks that can be used with a cable that would give you stereo left/right RCAs.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
The 18 millisecond lag might be enough for sound-sync issues.
Most recievers will correct for that. The auto-adjust will just think the surrounds are farther away.

I'm using an Aperion Zona wireless system for surrounds right now. My reciever thinks they're about 27 feet away (the physical distance is more like 7 ft).

S

Sometimes

Enthusiast
Most recievers will correct for that. The auto-adjust will just think the surrounds are farther away.

I'm using an Aperion Zona wireless system for surrounds right now. My reciever thinks they're about 27 feet away (the physical distance is more like 7 ft).
That "sounds" about right.

Speed of sound at sea level is 1116.43701 feet / second.

0.018 * 1116.43701 = 20 feet.

So 7 + 20 = exactly 27 feet!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis