Anthem Statement M1 1000W Mono Amplifier Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I don't typically use mono amps all that much in my systems, but after seeing Anthem's new Statement M1 1000W behemoth I may just change my behavior. The Statement M1 is engineered to produce a ridiculous amount of RMS and peak power - even from a 15A/120V line. With advanced load monitoring and power factor correction technology it can actually produce peak output of up to 2400 watts - supposedly without generating ridiculous amounts of heat or tripping the breaker (internal or external). Anthem is clearly attempting to directly tackle the notion that Class D amplifiers aren’t suited for truly audiophile hi-fi sound systems.

Discuss "Anthem Statement M1 1000W Mono Amplifier Preview" here. Read the article.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
As impressive as the specs calim, that is one expensive unit considering its a mono amp. It would a be a great amp for powering a monster passive sub But 7 Gs for stereo? Yikes!!! :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'd rather have a Bryston amp w/ 20 yr warranty.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I would rather purchase a pair of Hypex NC1200 modules with MMMYYY choice of esoteric caps, champagne colored chassis, and oversized power supply :D - and still save money.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Please don't get me wrong, if someone gave 7 of them to me, I would feel quite obligated to take them :rolleyes: :p ...Hell has a better chance of freezin over.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know, for some reasons, aesthetically they remind me of those Outlaw Audio monoblocks with a facelift.:D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
As impressive as the specs calim, that is one expensive unit considering its a mono amp. It would a be a great amp for powering a monster passive sub But 7 Gs for stereo? Yikes!!! :eek:
Maybe. But it isn't that expensive compared with some crazy overpriced amplifiers that some people buy.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I'd rather have a Bryston amp w/ 20 yr warranty.
If you mean the Bryston that is comparable in output power into 8 ohms, the 28B-SST, the Bryston costs more than twice as much as this Anthem.

If I were paying for the amplifiers, I would much rather get the Anthem.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I don't typically use mono amps all that much in my systems, but after seeing Anthem's new Statement M1 1000W behemoth I may just change my behavior. The Statement M1 is engineered to produce a ridiculous amount of RMS and peak power - even from a 15A/120V line. With advanced load monitoring and power factor correction technology it can actually produce peak output of up to 2400 watts - supposedly without generating ridiculous amounts of heat or tripping the breaker (internal or external). Anthem is clearly attempting to directly tackle the notion that Class D amplifiers aren’t suited for truly audiophile hi-fi sound systems.

Discuss "Anthem Statement M1 1000W Mono Amplifier Preview" here. Read the article.
At first, I was thinking that this amplifier makes my Crown K2 seem wimpy. And then I remembered that none of my speakers can even handle all of its power, and all feelings of envy vanished.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It certainly is one of the most potent amplifiers to show up here at AH

B

bugzbunny

Audiophyte
Ok, I don't get it. They say it is class-D but not class D. Then they say it is not a digital amp (there is no A/D or D/A). huh? So how are they achieving the required amplification in pure analog in such a slim form? Am I missing something here? Is this marketing BS?:confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis