RBH Sound SX-6300/R Tower Speaker Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The RBH Sound SX-6300/R is a full range 3-way six driver tower speaker system that features their premium Status Acoustics driver upgrades found in their more expensive product offerings. This system easily reveals any faults in the signal chain feeding it. If you’re keen on unleashing the SX-6300/Rs in all their sonic glory than the best upstream electronics your budget allows is definitely called for. It was surprising to hear the sonic differences that were apparent when trying the system with different power amps during recreational listening sessions. This was an easy loudspeaker system to get correctly positioned within the listening space for achieving great sound. There’s not much about the RBH Sound SX-6300/R loudspeaker system not to like, though we hope more finish options other than matte black oak will be offered in the future. Their small footprint and phenomenal sound will likely score points with those audiophiles not having a whole lot of free floor space available. All in all RBH have done a fine job in creating what will no doubt be yet another successful product line. Job well done!

Discuss "RBH Sound SX-6300/R Tower Speaker Review" here. Read the article.

F

farrow099

Audioholic Intern
These look VERY similar to the RBH manufactured EMP E55Ti...
As a former owner of the EMP EF30T and current owner of the EMP E55Ti; I'd be interested to get some opinions on how these compare.

The previous generation EMP (EF30T) line-up was compared to the RBH TK series (by Audioholics) and Audioholics concluded they sounded nearly identical despite the cheaper drivers.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=824140

Is this speaker really worth the 400% price hike over the E55Ti?
Not to mention the fact that these are harder to locate, purchase, and return than the EMP line. The finish doesn't look as nice either. (at least the photos don't)

Attachments

B

Beowulf

Audioholic Intern
I agree about the finish ...

Is that a Piano black finish on your system? It looks pretty nice!

F

farrow099

Audioholic Intern
Yeah that is the stock gloss black EMP finish; Classy look to them!
I would prefer to go grill-less but my dog's tail would whip right through one of those woofers.

It's worth noting that the RBH line has thicker fiberboard and very likely more robust construction all around. Though, I can't say I've found the construction of their internet direct EMP line up to be lacking.

My big question is whether or not those upgraded drivers are really worth a $2800 price difference! The bass performance is probably better, but I cross over the E55Ti's @ 60hz anyway. The sub should do better with anything below that. (TC LMS-R 15"/Crown XLS2000/20hz tuned port)

Attachments

F

farrow099

Audioholic Intern
I was also going to include a side by side of the Klipsch RF82 in black next to the Polk RTI and EMP EF30T but my traffic was blocked (i'm at work)!

I'll see if I can get a pic up later.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
These look VERY similar to the RBH manufactured EMP E55Ti...
As a former owner of the EMP EF30T and current owner of the EMP E55Ti; I'd be interested to get some opinions on how these compare.
While they have a similar driver compliment, the EMP's don't compare to the RBH SX/R series of speaker. The EMP's are fine speakers for the money, but the RBH's are in a different league. The RBH's use a Scan Speak 9500 series tweeter which is arguably one of the best soft dome tweeters ever made. The driver cost alone is about $150 per tweeter. The RBH's use cast baskets with vented pole pieces and much higher excursion woofers than the EMPs.

I've spent years listening to RBH and EMP products and while they share some of the tonal characteristics of each other, RBH proves you get what you pay for!

F

farrow099

Audioholic Intern
Thank you for the response.

It's too bad RBH only sells to the little audio shops.
They list 3 shops within 100miles of me, none are convenient by any means.
Last time I tried to find one, they were closed! Owner works "bankers hours"!

It seems like everything i purchase these days has to be shipped to me!
It's too bad they don't sell any of the upgraded products through their EMP site.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis