JAYS a-Jays Four Earphones Video Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We review a lot of earphones and headphones, but we wanted to take a little time and talk about the JAYS a-Jays Four. These are earphones that feature a unique flat rubberized cable that renders them almost tangle-free - and aside from good sound, that's about the #1 feature I want in my headphones. You can stuff them in your pocket, and actually pull them out and use them without having to untie a huge knot. But more than that, they fit. They actually fit into the constrained hole on my industrial Ballistic iPhone 4 case. Very few earphones can make that claim and it's worth noting.

Discuss "JAYS a-Jays Four Earphones Video Review" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Do you think the flat cable would help make them more durable?

My 16-year-old son seems to go through headphones and ear buds like he's changing his pants. 9 times out of 10, it seems as though one of the channels dies, or at least spends more time off than playing its respective channel.

Granted, part of this is the physical abuse he heaps on them. He's constantly jamming them into his pocket, yanking 'em out, and back again.

But bad channels have always been an issue with headphones for me, as long as I can remember. I got my first serious pair of headphones for Christmas in 1979, and while they sounded good for a while, it didn't take long, maybe two or three months, for the right channel to start getting finnicky.

It could also just be that the solder on the 'phones just starts to give out after a while. Heck, I dunno.

So, the question I have is whether the flat cable on these ear buds will help mitigate the stresses my son typically subjects his headsets to.

In particular, I'm thinking about these two sentences:
These are earphones that feature a unique flat rubberized cable that renders them almost tangle-free - and aside from good sound, that's about the #1 feature I want in my headphones.​
So, my line of thinking goes like this: fewer tangles implies less stress on the cable which, in turn, should mean a longer life for the headphones.

Given how frequently my son ruins his 'phones, I've cautioned him against spending much more than $30 on head sets. It just seems like a waste. But if a headset like this one can get him more than twice the lifespan out of a pair of buds, and give him better sound, then I don't have a problem with him getting some.

I was wondering what the general consensus was on this issue: Will the flat cable extend the useful life of these ear buds?

Would love to hear what you guys think. Thanks.

sremick

sremick

Audiophyte
Will the controls and mic work on Android phones too, or just iPhone?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis