Sanyo Intros Interactive WXGA Short-Throw Projector

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Sanyo North America, a subsidiary of Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's largest manufacturers of LCD and DLP projectors, announced today the introduction of a wide XGA ultra short-throw 3 LCD interactive projector geared for the educational and corporate presentation markets that provides full functionality regardless of the surface on which the image is projected. Unlike existing interactive solutions that require whiteboards or other surfaces with built-in sensors, the PLC-WL2503 operates when any screen or wall surface is used to display the projected image. 2500 lumens brightness and a 500:1 contrast ratio ensure picture quality and clarity, and an ultra-short throw lens creates images from 60 to 110 inches at a distance of no more than 47 inches from the screen. Available in January 2011, the PLC-WL2503 has an MSRP of $1695.99.

Discuss "Sanyo Intros Interactive WXGA Short-Throw Projector" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
So the phrase I've been looking for is "short throw projector". I have a ceiling fan in my main viewing room that's in the center of the room, and right where I'd want to put a projector.

This is good for me to know.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Short throw projectors tend to wreak havok on image quality and are non-existent for 1080p home theater projectors. There is the Optoma GT720 which is a 1280x800 (WXGA) projector similar to this Sanyo which can do short throw, but these projectors typically have no zoom and fixed lens offset, so positioning them is very difficult.

You must also have a VERY flat surface to project onto as any imperfections in the screen are magnified by the very wide angle that light is striking the surface from. A drop down screen (cheap) is possibly the worst surface you can use with these types of projectors.

Still, for the boardroom or classroom, this Sanyo may be fine. It certainly isn't a home theater projector.

For cwall - I suggest you remove the ceiling fan - maybe put two wide location ceiling fans in, or get one that hugs the ceiling tight, then drop a projector behind and below it. A lot of people go to a rear shelf mount setup when they have lousy ceiling fan placement in a room, or just use an extension pole with a projector that has lens shift.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis