Sherwood Newcastle R-876 Network A/V Receiver Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Sherwood America Inc. announced today the introduction of two new high-performance audio/video components at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Branded with the premium Sherwood Newcastle designation, the R-876 Network audio-video receiver features the Trinnov Optimizer, an advanced room correction system, and the BD-876 3D Blu-ray player, the first-ever Newcastle Blu-ray player, is enabled for Internet video streaming. Both the receiver and the Blu-ray player will be available in July 2011, with an MSRP of $1199.95 for the receiver and $399.95 for the 3D Blu-ray player.

Discuss "Sherwood Newcastle R-876 Network A/V Receiver Preview" here. Read the article.

H

hlstavn

Audiophyte
Sherwood Newcastle 876

I have just been informed that development of this receiver has been cancelled. Too bad, it sounded exciting. Sherwood will have its 2012 lineup information out in mid summer.

K

k_lewis

Junior Audioholic
Wow- Those are still in production? A Sherwood was my very first AV receiver. Loved it. Of couse I did not realize how horrible it was on power, clarity or channel separation until I moved up to an Anthem AVM30. But the Sherwood got me in to the spirit and heart of HT, and I will always remember it.

IMHO, Onkyo's prices on their entry level receivers are so compelling, and the quality so well done, at the intended price range of the Sherwood it's a tough sell. JMHO..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis