Emotiva Acquires Sherbourn Technologies for CE Channel Debut

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Jade Design, Inc. today announced it has completed the acquisition of Sherbourn Technologies of North Billerica, MA. By January 1, 2011 all of Sherbourn's operations will be moved to Jade Design's headquarters in Franklin, TN. Jade Design, which is the parent company of Emotiva Audio Corporation, will continue to offer a complete selection of Sherbourn-brand high-performance audio products, including stereo and multichannel pre-amp/processors/tuners and amplifiers for the retail and custom installation channels. In addition to the current product offerings, Sherbourn will introduce several new models over the coming year, including a line of high performance home theater loudspeakers and subwoofers in both free standing and architectural versions.

Discuss "Emotiva Acquires Sherbourn Technologies for CE Channel Debut" here. Read the article.

majorloser

majorloser

I can't say I surprised. Figured something like that would happen sooner or later.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think Emotiva needs to change everything over to the Sherbourn aesthetics.:D

I prefer the looks of the Sherbourn gears A LOT better than the Emotiva.:D

Mike Ronesia

Mike Ronesia

Junior Audioholic
I think Emotiva needs to change everything over to the Sherbourn aesthetics.:D

I prefer the looks of the Sherbourn gears A LOT better than the Emotiva.:D
WHAT:eek: This is new, when did you stop liking the Emo look?:confused: I am surprised you would bring up Emotiva aesthetics.

It is good to know that they can sell their stuff at a fair price and still have the ability to expand the company.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
What is that supposed to mean? Are you anti Emotiva?:rolleyes:
As a matter of fact I am. They have conducted themselves in such a manner that I wouldn't buy their products. The despicable way they've dealt with their buggy products (LMC-1 & UMC-1) speaks far louder than any glowing reviews or fluffy press releases. Hence my comment about them bringing down Sherbourn.

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
As a matter of fact I am. They have conducted themselves in such a manner that I wouldn't buy their products. The despicable way they've dealt with their buggy products (LMC-1 & UMC-1) speaks far louder than any glowing reviews or fluffy press releases. Hence my comment about them bringing down Sherbourn.
Just goes to prove.."You can't please all the people all the time."

E

eomcall

Enthusiast

Maybe Sherbourne will bring them up.:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You definitely cannot please everyone. No one can.

The only thing saving Emotiva is their low price IMO.

I would never buy Emotiva again simply because I can't stand their aesthetics. I just can't do it.:D

Well, I can't stand the "bugs" either. I have no patience. I want a product that works 100% NOW.:D

You cannot please everyone, especially picky people like me.:D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I think EMO Amps look just fine and perform even better I had the XPA - 5 and thought it was an outstanding addition to my HT set-up, although I never owned anything different for comparison sake, I look forward to picking up an XPA - 3 in the near future to replace my dearly departed 5.

majorloser

majorloser

I believe they've been an OEM for Sherbourn (and many other manufacturer's) for years. So I doubt them acquiring the Sherbourn company name will matter all that much. It will give them another avenue to sell product. In this case allow them an avenue to sell product through an established dealer retail market instead of internet direct.

S

Sevenfeet

Enthusiast
Examples, Seth?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis