iTunes and The Beatles: We Can Work it Out

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Apple and the Beatles finally bury the hatchet and agree to a deal. After decades of trademark litigation between Apple Inc and the Beatles Apple Corps, the fab four’s catalogue of music is going digital and will be available on iTunes soon. The last year has been active for a band that broke up 40 years ago – a video game and a series of chart-topping remastered CDs. Now an iTunes deal should ensure new Beatles fans are spawned well into the future.

Discuss "iTunes and The Beatles: We Can Work it Out" here. Read the article.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Apple is treating the event like the resurrection of Julius Caesar. I went past my local Apple store today and they had signs up, Beatles playing through the sound system. It's not like you couldn't have Beatles on your iPod or iPhone; you just had to rip a CD. I guess you have to give them credit. The company has a way of doing something to stay in the news almost every day.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think below nicely sums my feelings about the announcement:

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
:rolleyes:Yawn:rolleyes:

Just as others pointed out - just rip the damn CD! It's funny though, I have some friends who don't even know how to or that you can rip CDs to iTunes (or other).

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
i never purchased anything from itunes, but use it since its the only way to load music on an ipod. i always wondered why the album artwork was never available for Beatles albums, i guess it will be now.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I could honestly care less. I can't stand any their music or for that matter anything from the 60's. I think the 60's were one of the worst decades for music at least as far as rock, pop, and country are concerned. Why would I spend all the money and effort on my system only to listen to some of the worst recorded and engineered music there is. As far as 60's music goes I would much rather listen to Dave Brubeck Quartet or something along that line. I will stick to the 70's early 80's and progressive stuff now for my rock thank you very much. That is my story and I am sticking to it. :D

I can't stand Elvis either! However, some of his recordings were a little better engineered than the Beatles stuff.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I could honestly care less. I can't stand any their music or for that matter anything from the 60's. I think the 60's were one of the worst decades for music at least as far as rock, pop, and country are concerned. Why would I spend all the money and effort on my system only to listen to some of the worst recorded and engineered music there is. As far as 60's music goes I would much rather listen to Dave Brubeck Quartet or something along that line. I will stick to the 70's early 80's and progressive stuff now for my rock thank you very much. That is my story and I am sticking to it. :D

I can't stand Elvis either! However, some of his recordings were a little better engineered than the Beatles stuff.
Jimmi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Steppenwolf, The Who, The Doors, Cream, James Brown, CCR, Kinks .... and the Beatles.

Without them there won't be Rock and Roll, Progressive Rock and what-so-ever type of Rock. BIG FAT PERIOD.

By providing the strip above I was joining in making fun of Apple and How long it took , how greedy and stupid some music exec are,ignorant to the fact that physical media is R.I.P. and there's no way back.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Jimmi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Steppenwolf, The Who, The Doors, Cream, James Brown, CCR, Kinks .... and the Beatles.

Without them there won't be Rock and Roll, Progressive Rock and what-so-ever type of Rock. BIG FAT PERIOD.
I don't agree that the Beatles were any kind of pioneers in music. They were a big fat FAD PERIOD:) Musically they were a big fat joke compared to most of the others on your list with the exception of James Brown. He certainly was no great music talent.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't agree that the Beatles were any kind of pioneers in music. They were a big fat FAD PERIOD:) Musically they were a big fat joke compared to most of the others on your list with the exception of James Brown. He certainly was no great music talent.
Blasphemer !!! :mad: :D

I think you might be missing the boat on this one. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
dkane360

dkane360

I could honestly care less. I can't stand any [of] their music...
Agreed. My friend gave me all the albums, and they all sound the same. I deleted them the day the beatles went on itunes, as my way of boycotting them :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Fixed this is a much better version. :)
Some parts were better and it was certainly entertaining but I'll take the Beatles over the Bee Gees. ;)

Thanks for making me realize that I have that on vinyl. I haven't even listened to it yet. :)

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

I could honestly care less. I can't stand any their music or for that matter anything from the 60's. I think the 60's were one of the worst decades for music at least as far as rock, pop, and country are concerned. Why would I spend all the money and effort on my system only to listen to some of the worst recorded and engineered music there is. As far as 60's music goes I would much rather listen to Dave Brubeck Quartet or something along that line. I will stick to the 70's early 80's and progressive stuff now for my rock thank you very much. That is my story and I am sticking to it. :D.....
Gee..that's sad...you're missing out on a lot. No insult intended to Brubeck exactly, but his stuff was pretty overly intellectual and constipated.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Gee..that's sad...you're missing out on a lot. No insult intended to Brubeck exactly, but his stuff was pretty overly intellectual and constipated.
Dave was just an example of what a well engineered recording from the 60's could sound like. I just don't care for much out of the 60's. I like Few things here and there but not much.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Blasphemer !!! :mad: :D

I think you might be missing the boat on this one. ;)
Missed the Boat?? I think he missed the whole ocean. He must have been born in the 80's....:confused:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Born in 65 there buddy:p
Me too. That explains why we have so much in common. :D

I could just sense that you wanted me to post this tune again since the other one got disabled. :)

... don't mention it. ;)

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Me too. That explains why we have so much in common. :D

I could just sense that you wanted me to post this tune again since the other one got disabled. :)

... don't mention it. ;)
Umm yeah like thanks and all. Merry Christmas to you too:p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis