Clash of the Titans Blu-ray Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
As far as remakes go, Clash of the Titans was a solid effort in my opinion but I am not sure I'd buy this disc. While not bad per se in any sense of the word, Clash of the Titans wasn’t quite reference material in the audio, video or plot departments. It is however a great night of family entertainment worthy of renting and giving your A/V system a good workout thanks to the DTS HD 5.1 soundtrack and HD 1080p video.

Discuss "Clash of the Titans Blu-ray Review" here. Read the article.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Why have you posted this in a seperate thread when a thread already exists about this BluRay? :confused:

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I like the review, I didn't consider looking at this one until reading it. I was a big fan of the original.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought it was a great movie. I'll get it on blu-ray.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought the BluRay after seeing another add for it. I broke down. :eek:

All in all, its not a bad movie. Once can certainly do a lost worse than this one. I just found that the actors didn't have enough meat to work with so it came across shallow if this makes sense. The video to the most part was very well done. There were some model like pictures that could have been made to look more real like the far away shot of the city and its temple. I also saw the softenesss that Pearl mentioned in his review like whenever they were at Mount Olympus looking at Zeus. It look like thay made that shot intentionally soft. The audio was Ok. Lots of subsonic stuff but not as much use of the surrounds as I would have expected. Would I buy it again? I think so. I give it a 7/10 .

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
Thanks guys, for all the comments! Appreciate it. :)

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Great review Scott. Very well written.

Makes me want to go back and read the books again!

The Illiad and the Odyssey should be required reading IMO.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Percy Jackson had a ton of LFE and great dynamics.

I have to ask the reviewer why he didn't put the average audio bit rate (and sampling rate) of the movie into the review. Was this a typical Warner 48/16 or was it 48/24? I know it wasn't 96/24 or 192/24 'cause Hollywood doesn't do that.

I'm just asking. I do appreciate the review. :)

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
Great review Scott. Very well written.

Makes me want to go back and read the books again!

The Illiad and the Odyssey should be required reading IMO.
Thanks so much, westcott! I appreciate the kind words, sir! :)

A

audiofox

Full Audioholic
I watched a rental copy of the Blu-ray version last weekend with my wife, who is not a fantasy/sci-fi movie fan, and even she liked it. It definitely has the "Saturday afternoon matinee" feeling of similar movies of my youth (now there's a dated memory) but was an improvement, effects-wise, over the 70s original (and I am a big Ray Harryhausen fan). I agreed with this and other reviews that some of the casting could have been better (Liam Neeson as Zeus was a miss, but Ralph Fiennes as Hades was closer to the mark and Worthington was a more than passable Perseus), but the effects, not the cast, is really the centerpiece of this movie, so the miscasts are easier to overlook than with other movies, IMHO.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
I watched a rental copy of the Blu-ray version last weekend with my wife, who is not a fantasy/sci-fi movie fan, and even she liked it. It definitely has the "Saturday afternoon matinee" feeling of similar movies of my youth (now there's a dated memory) but was an improvement, effects-wise, over the 70s original (and I am a big Ray Harryhausen fan). I agreed with this and other reviews that some of the casting could have been better (Liam Neeson as Zeus was a miss, but Ralph Fiennes as Hades was closer to the mark and Worthington was a more than passable Perseus), but the effects, not the cast, is really the centerpiece of this movie, so the miscasts are easier to overlook than with other movies, IMHO.
Absolutely agreed, 'fox, and thank you for your comments, and for reading! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis