Sony Surreptitiously Confirms 3D Eyestrain Problems

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Tucked away in the latest Terms of Service for the PlayStation Network, and other associated websites, is a lovely little section that seems to confirm issues raised by Audioholics' Editorial: WARNING: 3D Video Hazardous to Your Health. The consumer electronics giant seems to suggest that, in its current form as with past attempts, consumer grade 3D video may be a source of sundry maladies that cause discomfort of the eyes and digestive tract, but more importantly may result in improper vision development in young children.

Discuss "Sony Surreptitiously Confirms 3D Eyestrain Problems" here. Read the article.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
About time, Samsung has already admited it in no uncertain terms.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I have seen the 3D offerrings from Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic. Far and away, Panasonic has the best 3D. Not only is their picture sharp and free of flicker, I don't get a headache when watching it.

Sony is by far the worst. The main reason being the flicker that I see when wearing the glasses. Within a couple of minutes I had a pounding headache.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I have seen the 3D offerrings from Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic. Far and away, Panasonic has the best 3D. Not only is their picture sharp and free of flicker, I don't get a headache when watching it.

Sony is by far the worst. The main reason being the flicker that I see when wearing the glasses. Within a couple of minutes I had a pounding headache.
I experienced flicker on the Panasonic as well, which instantly started to make my head hurt. I think this is technology I can safely say I will avoid like the plague.

T

timmay8612

Audioholic
I have a hard time imagining watching movies with dorky glasses on.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I think this is technology I can safely say I will avoid like the plague.
I have a hard time imagining watching movies with dorky glasses on.
Ditto to both...

I think I must be one of the few that just don't see the allure of '3D' in the home.

Can you imagine spending $5,000 to buy a dozen or so 3D glasses so you have enough for everybody to come over to your house for movie night? It's not going to happen...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Ditto to both...

I think I must be one of the few that just don't see the allure of '3D' in the home.

Can you imagine spending $5,000 to buy a dozen or so 3D glasses so you have enough for everybody to come over to your house for movie night? It's not going to happen...
It's not the cost that concerns me. And I'm less concerned than I am annoyed they'd come up with a bogus product to try to "revolutionize" the market. Keep 3D where it belongs, in the movie theater. We don't need this crap at home on a 42" LCD TV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis