YouTube Introduces Leanback and 4K Resolution

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
YouTube wants to be your entertainment provider; now and into the future. The web's number one video source has introduced Leanback, a new viewing option that makes it easier for you to enjoy hi-def video by automatically queuing what it thinks you'll want to see. The new auto-play system promises to make it easier for you to enjoy YouTube without searches, clicks or a remote control. Leanback was only just announced when YouTube made a follow-up announcement that it's pushing beyond mere 1080P HD. YouTube now offers a 4K video resolution option. Now its possible for you to just Leanback and enjoy streaming videos in resolutions that make 1080P look old fashioned.

Discuss "YouTube Introduces Leanback and 4K Resolution" here. Read the article.

I would have to agree. YouTube has the WORST interface I've ever seen for searching and playing videos. Their home page alone is atrocious.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
While my home pc (old) chocks on 4k, my work - brand new i7 machine plays it smoothly with overall 10-15% usage..
However due to the extremely high compression end result tis tons of macroblocks and they rather large. Right now 1080p video looks like crap due to same reason - bumping the resolution to insane (only a dozen of displays in the world can show real 4K) doesn't help the PQ.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
Someone measured that the 4K streams were using roughly 6 Mb/s. That's pathetic. Only the 720p option on YouTube has reasonable quality per bit measurement.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis