Vizio Brand Redux, Featuring Beyonce and The Internet

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Vizio, the once budget TV maker has used the pricey Superbowl XLIV ad-space and Beyonce in a sexy red dress to rebuild its brand. The new Vizio wants to transform into a leading-edge, Internet connected television with Wi-Fi and loads of Internet apps.

Discuss "Vizio Brand Redux, Featuring Beyonce and The Internet" here. Read the article.

AccessGuy

AccessGuy

Audioholic Intern
Vizio showing the way to connected..but what about the picture?

I thought the VF552-XVT with VIA was the set I was going to hold out for this Spring, but I am having second thoughts. I visited Sams club to see the VF551-XVT (same picture, just no VIA connectivity) and I thought the picture was not as good as that of several recent Samsung models. In fact, it was not even as good as the VF550-XVT (the non-LED version) and I am thinking they haven't completely mastered the LED technology part.

What's more, I now get Netflix streaming through both my Samsung DVD player in the bedroom and my PS3 in the home theater and I am satisfied with that..especially considering Netflix price...zero! I can also get Pandora, YouTube, and Blockbuster on the Samsung, so I am thinking that paying a premium for the VF552-XVT is something that is not so important. True, the remote is more convenient for entering connectivity info, but once it's been entered it's not really needed anymore, and I don't intend to do any internet browsing on my TV sets, I have computers for that.

In any case, I do applaud Vizio for attempting to lead the pack in terms of conncectivity..but picture quality is the most important consideration for me. If I am wrong, and the VF552-XVT gets tweaked to improve the picture quality I will definitely put it on my consideration list once again.

R

rwwear

Audiophyte
Having Beyonce as a spokesperson is a sure way to keep me from buying Vizio.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis