Using a 103-inch Plasma for Video Gaming

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
What happens when you have three grade school kids and want a whole home audio video system that can handle a variety of entertainment needs, with ease-of-use and durability? Simple - you call in the pros. Patrick Calderone is the owner of Audio Video Experience (AVX), the custom electronics design and installation firm hired to rig a home with a variety of family-friendly electronic systems. At last count, the home had: two Microsoft Xbox 360s, two Sony PlayStation 3s, two Nintendo Wiis and one Nintendo Game Cube.

Discuss "Using a 103-inch Plasma for Video Gaming" here. Read the article.

son-yah-tive

son-yah-tive

Full Audioholic
Looks like 'Back to the Future' Part 2. At the OLD Martys den.:D COOL.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Why not just go with a projector instead of a plasma that big. I can only imagine how heavy it is and how much power it uses... but it's still very nice.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I suppose, but I guess they wanted to have the biggest tv on the block. Props to them for having such a nice whole house setup, I can only dream of having something that nice one day.

S

Snakeoil

Banned
Funny thing is that Kaleidescape is currently illegal after their last court case.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Isn't plasma the one you DONT use for videogaming, because the gauges, and heads up displays and such get burned into the screen?

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Isn't plasma the one you DONT use for videogaming, because the gauges, and heads up displays and such get burned into the screen?
I was using my plasma for gaming had no problems with it, the problem came into play when my daughter put a baseball through it.:eek:

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I was using my plasma for gaming had no problems with it, the problem came into play when my daughter put a baseball through it.:eek:
Hmm, Tv's are usually baseball resistant I thought. Maybe I should test mine real quick to make sure.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
That seems like a good idea. In fact, it's such a good idea, that I am contemplating not throwing rocks at all my windows and trying to flip my car over to see what happens. Thanks for this new idea!

Patrick_Wolf

Patrick_Wolf

Audioholic
As 720p doesn't look too great on larger TV's, it seems like on a 103" 1080p wouldn't look too great... :)

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I game like mad on my 50" plasma, sometimes going for 8+ hours on weekends. No burn in.

I wonder if they experienced what I refer to as "size creep"... Hey look at that 60-inch... Oh, there's a 70-inch... Woah... 84-inches.... hm... for only $70,000 more I can get the 103-inch plasma... let's go for it!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis