MagicJack Casts A Spell On Your Cell Phone

The wizards at YMAX Corporation, the company that created MagicJack, have a new trick up their sleeve – they want to turn it into Skype.

The way MagicJack works is simple: A USB device not much bigger than a thumb drive connects your PC and telephone, then presto, an instant VoIP connection. When people first started seeing the product on late-night infomercials they snapped it up in droves. The company says it’s sold in excess of 5-million units so far.

Read the full review:

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/magicjack-cell-phones

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
Thats an interesting article Clint, in some countries people are experiencing problems with this gadget, cause telecommunication companies are blocking them. I hope this guys can find another way to use it without any issue.

damnngina15

damnngina15

Junior Audioholic
The Magic Jack is a neat little device. I know a bunch of us over seas in Iraq and Afganistan use them on our laptops to stay in touch with our families back home. Add a bluetooth head set and they work like a champ, provided the internet is not too crowded as the speeds over here are no where near what they are in the states.

Matt34

Matt34

The Magic Jack is a neat little device. I know a bunch of us over seas in Iraq and Afganistan use them on our laptops to stay in touch with our families back home. Add a bluetooth head set and they work like a champ, provided the internet is not too crowded as the speeds over here are no where near what they are in the states.
Ah, you mean it shouldn't take 18hrs to download a 22 minute TV show? :p

I feel your pain.

majorloser

majorloser

Ah, you mean it shouldn't take 18hrs to download a 22 minute TV show? :p

I feel your pain.

And the funny thing is I just know you actually laid there in your rack and timed it.

I hope the show was something worth the wait.

B

BBF

Enthusiast
Sprint used to offer a femtocell for $99 with a $5 a month fee (usually the $5 was waived if one complained.) I paid $50 for my refurb unit (direct from sprint) and was waived the $5 month fee. The only catch is that you use minutes from your cell phone plan while they use your broadband internet connection to make up for their cruddy wireless coverage in your residence.
They don't seem to be actively selling these femtocells anymore and they are only available through "retentions".

Info is available at w w w.nextel.com/en/services/airave

Blame the spam filter for not allowing me to post a web address before my 5th post.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis