PSP Go, Portable Media Bliss with DRM Coal for Your Stocking

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It's Christmas, like any dad I wanted to get the perfect gift for my son, Bruce. My son often sees his dad playing with the PlayStation 3 and when I'm feeling generous I even give Bruce a try. So, I thought… what would be better than giving my boy the smaller, portable offspring of the PS3 itself – PlayStation Portable. A crash course in PSP was a lesson in portable media and state of DRM today. But despite its heavy reliance on Sony and its DRM, I decided on the latest PSP called "Go" for a variety of reasons.

Discuss "PSP Go, Portable Media Bliss with DRM Coal for Your Stocking" here. Read the article.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Great review of the PSP Go, I got the chance to look at one thought about upgrading from my PSP 3000 but there are a few things I don't like about this model.
1) Battery is not user replaceable.
2) Can't use old PSP accessories
3) Can't play UMD Games.
after comparing the PSP GO to the PSP 3000 I"ll stay with the 3000 IMO the Go isn't worth the money considering you can't use your UMD collection or any of the old accessories and the fact that you can't change the battery but that you would have to send it back to Sony so they change it when it will no longer carry a charge.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
To Author: Your six years old is fond of Black Sabbath?? :eek:

There is hope to rock and roll after all !!

Rock on !!!!!!

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
To Author: Your six years old is fond of Black Sabbath?? :eek:

There is hope to rock and roll after all !!

Rock on !!!!!!
He hears a lot of rock from me. I listen to lots of different music but he really tunes in anytime there is a driving beat. His favorite would probably be a toss up between Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath.

Iron Man by Black Sabbath is his favorite song.

This is my son Bruce at the cottage last summer, he's giving me a demo of his heavy metal show on the sword-tar. The Maiden influence is apparent:

<object width="576" height="432" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/61338891230" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/61338891230" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="432"></embed></object>

P

perato

Audioholic Intern
The review states "I can even use PMS to move files from the PC to my PS3 HDD. But it does no good if the file is not readable by the PS3 hardware itself."

PS3 Media Server is capable of transcoding video files to a format that PS3 can read. It may not work for every file, but it does work for many containers/codecs. Transcoding can consume a fair bit of processing power though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis