10 Manliest Man Caves

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Some guys love power tools. Some love cars. Some are happy with a comfy chair, a remote and something to nosh on. Then there are those who need to go above and beyond—to create a space that most men only dream about. Today, we call these spaces "man caves." In these caves, though, the only things being fired up are amps, Blu-ray movies, video games and gigantic TVs (sometimes multiple ones). They are places where a guy can play with his toys without worrying about prying eyes or greasy kid fingerprints.

Discuss "10 Manliest Man Caves" here. Read the article.

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
You ever get the feeling that your jaw hits the floor and no matter how hard you try to raise it, it just keeps hitting the floor.

That's what those rooms did to me.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yeah I like the 52" surrounded by the 4 42" plasmas............:D

BigSkreen

BigSkreen

Junior Audioholic
I'm with MajorLoser on this one. I'd love Optimus Prime to welcome me to my HT. Maybe a little voice activation. I can only wish.....

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
If only I had that kind of toy money! I can't say any of those would be my "perfect" man cave, but they're all a heck of a lot better than what I've got now.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I like the garage one with the p-car. The rest were meh.

basspig

basspig

Full Audioholic
BassPig.com : What Can be achieved on Zero Budget

And to this list, I humbly add my modest 'cave', built over a span of 38 years' worth of paychecks, with a lot of DiY savings for high bang for the buck. No animatronics, just raw performance.

www.basspig.com

M

myhotrs

Audiophyte
I can't help but notice that unlike my alleged man-cave, none of these have the wife's candles, snow-globes, kitty figures, etc. in them! I'll need to talk to the old lady.

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
I can't help but notice that unlike my alleged man-cave, none of these have the wife's candles, snow-globes, kitty figures, etc. in them! I'll need to talk to the old lady.
I recommend either full body armor or a nice dinner with a gift.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Very nice.....I love my room but those are incredible.:cool:

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
And to this list, I humbly add my modest 'cave', built over a span of 38 years' worth of paychecks, with a lot of DiY savings for high bang for the buck. No animatronics, just raw performance.

www.basspig.com
Yea, they errantly left mine out as well. Pictured above and below. :D

DJ

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
Death Star theme with Boba Fett, pure awesome. Though the nerd in me wants to say Boba Fett was never on the Death Star.

htgeek

htgeek

Enthusiast
Sure they all rock, but guys with that kind of money don't have our passion. Yes I'm jealous, but these guys didn't install their gear, or set up the room. They pay guys like us to do it, heck I doubt half of them even know what they have in their racks, and someone had to sit with them and teach them how it all works. I install mid to high end home theater so I've seen it, but it's all about keeping up with the Jones'es. I know I sound like a little kid with toy envy but really I'm not. It's different when you see it all the time. Some days I'm happy to just get home and enjoy my system that my 6 year old can operate.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
The one I'm the most jealous of is that garage. I've been meaning to do some work in mine (only a two car). I want to add speakers and hang subwoofers (buy flyable subs, since space is a premium for a two car). Tunes and playing with cars is like the ultimate man-cave.

They left mine out for good reason. :D
Haha, yeah me too.

L

ljaggers

Junior Audioholic
Sure they all rock, but guys with that kind of money don't have our passion. Yes I'm jealous, but these guys didn't install their gear, or set up the room. They pay guys like us to do it, heck I doubt half of them even know what they have in their racks, and someone had to sit with them and teach them how it all works. I install mid to high end home theater so I've seen it, but it's all about keeping up with the Jones'es. I know I sound like a little kid with toy envy but really I'm not. It's different when you see it all the time. Some days I'm happy to just get home and enjoy my system that my 6 year old can operate.
I agree. I doubt these guys sit at their jobs and ponder about re-adjusting their speaker levels and crossovers. I bet they don't get their copy of Home Theater Mag in the mail and jump up and down like a school girl. And they definitely don't take their A/V receivers out of their racks to simply marvel at all of the beautiful connections on the back.

I am making a commitment to myself that no matter how rich I become and no matter what incredible equipment I end up owning, I will never become jaded and disconnected. A/V nerd for life!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis