BluFocus is Certified by the Blu-ray Disc Association

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Have you ever stuck a brand new Blu-ray title into your player and instead of movie watching bliss; you’re thrust into the darkened hell of system-menus and firmware-updates? Welcome to the ugly world of Blu-ray incompatibility. A company called BluFocus has just achieved recognition from the Blu-ray Disc Association as a Blu-ray Movie Play Verification and Testing Center. Hooray!

Discuss "BluFocus is Certified by the Blu-ray Disc Association" here. Read the article.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Have you ever stuck a brand new Blu-ray title into your player and instead of movie watching bliss; you’re thrust into the darkened hell of system-menus and firmware-updates? Welcome to the ugly world of Blu-ray incompatibility. A company called BluFocus has just achieved recognition from the Blu-ray Disc Association as a Blu-ray Movie Play Verification and Testing Center. Hooray!

Discuss "BluFocus is Certified by the Blu-ray Disc Association" here. Read the article.
I am just wondering if they will rely on feedback from customers of issues, or test BD prior to being released?
If they respond to problems after the fact, how will that solve problems?

AccessGuy

AccessGuy

Audioholic Intern
Well, that's one of the joys of playing my blu-ray discs on my PS3. So far I have updated my firmware almost automatically, just from the software on the disc, so that it does play perfectly after the update. I think this has happened about three times since I bought the PS3 a couple of years ago.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I am just wondering if they will rely on feedback from customers of issues, or test BD prior to being released?
If they respond to problems after the fact, how will that solve problems?
Good question, guess it remains to be seen. If anything they can record the issues and let the manufacturers know.

basspig

basspig

Full Audioholic
All the industry has to do is eliminate the requirement that every disc have AACS encryption and a lot of wedding couples will be a LOT happier that they would then be able to play the BD-R disc of their event. Currently, anywhere from 53-77% (depending on which organization you quote) of BD-R discs will not play on the current crop of players on the market today. That's just unacceptable. Much of this is due to adherance ot the Blu-ray spec, which requires a player to reject any disc that is not encrypted. Sharp announced that as a matter of company policy to thwart piracy, all of their players would adhere 100% to the spec and refuse to play any BD-R/RE discs. IMHO, this is a terrible marketing decision, as smart buyers will simply avoid these players.

How many of us have DVD-R videos that were shot locally? Fast forward ten years. How many of us will be in the same boat with BD-R discs? Need I say more? ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis