Elemental Designs eQ.2 Parametric Equalizer Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The last several years have seen an increase of the number of options for room equalization at bass frequencies available to consumers. Following up on my A7S-450 review, I was asked to review an external parametric equalizer that Elemental Designs (eD) sells alongside its subwoofers. The eQ.2, can be purchased separately or as a bundle with one of the eD’s subwoofers at a slightly reduced price. The eQ.2 represents a usable parametric EQ solution but with some caveats. It is inexpensive and functional, but it is bare bones basic. For someone on a tight budget or the DIY types, the eQ.2 will certainly do the trick provided you take the time to set it up properly as I instruct in this review.

Discuss " Elemental Designs eQ.2 Parametric Equalizer Review" here. Read the article.

G

GregBe

Audioholic
I bought an eQ.2 to go along with my SVS sub. For me, it was perfect. I had two really big peaks, one at 28hz and one at 63hz. Other than that, my response looked pretty good. Now with those two peaks tamed, my subs sounds terrific.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The last several years have seen an increase of the number of options for room equalization at bass frequencies available to consumers. Following up on my A7S-450 review, I was asked to review an external parametric equalizer that Elemental Designs (eD) sells alongside its subwoofers. The eQ.2, can be purchased separately or as a bundle with one of the eD’s subwoofers at a slightly reduced price. The eQ.2 represents a usable parametric EQ solution but with some caveats. It is inexpensive and functional, but it is bare bones basic. For someone on a tight budget or the DIY types, the eQ.2 will certainly do the trick provided you take the time to set it up properly as I instruct in this review.

Discuss " Elemental Designs eQ.2 Parametric Equalizer Review" here. Read the article.
Add this to an RCA line amp and you can use that to drive your subs.:)

T

theater_lover

Enthusiast
I think these are fairly clever little boxes, certainly good for the price. I wished it supported two independent channels though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis