Midnight Express Blu-ray Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Midnight Express is one of those rare films that doesn’t just get better but becomes more poignant and resonates louder with age. The film earned six Golden Globes and two Oscars including: Best Music for Giorgio Moroder and Best Screenplay for Oliver Stone. It’s based on the true story of a young American’s journey through the Turkish penal system in 1970. The movie stars Brad Davis, John Hurt and a very young Randy Quaid.
We’re soon introduced to colorful co-stars like Randy Quaid and John Hurt. The starring role is covered by then up-and-coming star Brad Davis as Billy Hayes. Davis’s own life was one of drugs and terrible, terrible tragedy.

Discuss "Midnight Express Blu-ray Review" here. Read the article.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't seen that one in a long time.

Powerful movie, I'll check it out again.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I love this movie.

But I'm not sure if I should get the Blu-ray or not. It's quite an old movie (1978), and I'm afraid that the picture and audio quality won't be up to it.
The movie itself (based on a true story) directed by Alan Parker, is great; but I already got it on the DVD version.
And my video store doesn't have it on Blu-ray, so I cannot judge the quality of the transfer from my own eyes and ears. :(

R

Robof83

Audioholic
I'm in the same boat is LOTR. I love the movie, I just don't know how much better a blu-ray of such an old movie can look/sound.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I'm in the same boat is LOTR. I love the movie, I just don't know how much better a blu-ray of such an old movie can look/sound.
I hear ya. If I owned the DVD I don't know if I'd feel the need to rush out and buy the BD. But I can say that the video quality top notch for an older movie. They did a great job at porting it to HD. Audio-wise, while great sounding, it's not exactly a real test of your audio system. Typically home theater audio loves a lot of sub and aggressive surround effects which you won't get here. Although - it sounds impressive for a tactful soundtrack that stays rather true to the source material.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Netflixed based on the recommendation of a fellow Canadian and the fact that I have a Blu-ray player !!! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis