Last Call for Analog TV

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Ready or not the analog deadline is almost here. Although many TV networks have already switched to digital broadcasts there are still many hold-outs among major networks that have kept analog service. It seems the government is serious about Friday’s deadline. Even President Barack Obama promises it’s for real this time.

Discuss "Last Call for Analog TV" here. Read the article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I forgot about this, since I have a converter box.

I guess the delivery of my new TV tomorrow is good timing. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
SD blows. good ridence...
Unfortunately, "digital" doesn't equal "HD." However, it's a required step to get there, so it's nice. I really like the increased clarity of the over-the-air picture versus analog. Tremendous improvement (once I could get the signal :)).

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
The Panasonic TC-P50G10. I took the advice of people on here (you being no small player) and went with plasma. I'm looking forward to it!
you will truly enjoy the new set, congrats:)

and i have put on a few pounds but hey, eating has been taking the place of harp:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...eating has been taking the place of harp:eek:
Fear not. I picked up my first six-pack of Harp about a week or so ago (also because of you :)). Tasty, tasty. I'll try to carry on the legacy.

EDIT: Btw, are you trying to cut back on the drinking? If so, kudos. I'm about a one-beer-a-night guy, myself. Just too much of a lightweight.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Fear not. I picked up my first six-pack of Harp about a week or so ago (also because of you :)). Tasty, tasty. I'll try to carry on the legacy.

EDIT: Btw, are you trying to cut back on the drinking? If so, kudos. I'm about a one-beer-a-night guy, myself. Just too much of a lightweight.
Cutting way back:D if i could stop at one i wouldnt drink:eek: Im at 50% less and food is taking Harps place:D

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Gratz Adam, I am a Panny Plasma fan myself. I enjoy one of last year's, slightly older.

Harp is a good choice also.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It's great how a thread about switching over to digital broadcasting submitted by admin has turned into a congratulatory thread concerning Adam finally getting a non-SD JVC tv.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's great how a thread about switching over to digital broadcasting submitted by admin has turned into a congratulatory thread concerning Adam finally getting a non-SD JVC tv.:D
Don't forget about the Harp. :)

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
Unfortunately, "digital" doesn't equal "HD." However, it's a required step to get there, so it's nice. I really like the increased clarity of the over-the-air picture versus analog. Tremendous improvement (once I could get the signal :)).
indeed. we have a sd set in the dining room. after todays switchover, the quality is noticably better, i was suprised. i was planning on replacing the sd set soon, but will hold out for a while.

tonights selection...... never had a HARPS. perhaps i will try it.

Last edited:
just-some-guy

just-some-guy

3-1-1 in that order, and goin ... watchin JEFF BECK on PALLADIA HD right now.
swans d1080mkII & sub120 crankin away, sounds darned good.

3-1-2 now :)

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Conan just did a countdown to midnight. After that I switched my TV over to the antenna input and got a big nothing on all 3 network channels....it was just like the end of the world for a couple minutes. The end of a format era that began about 1939. TV as I grew up with it is GONE GONE GONE.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis