Xbox 360 One-ups PlayStation with Natal and a Stolen Exclusive

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Microsoft has been on a roll at E3 2009: Dropping bombs and shooting stars all in the name of Xbox 360 has been Microsoft’s game this year. Microsoft’s press conference dropped jaws with shocking announcements: Spielberg pitches Natal. Beatles reunite to talk about Rock Band. Microsoft promises 1080P resolution for Xbox 360 movie streams. James Cameron even talked about an upcoming game by Ubisoft called Avatar. Microsoft even took time to rub salt in Sony’s wounds by nabbing a PS3 exclusive.

Discuss "Xbox 360 One-ups PlayStation with Natal and a Stolen Exclusive" here. Read the article.

M

MCollier

Audiophyte
2 flaws here

1. If Raiden is one of the most popular characters of MG series it's because he's hated

2. Kojima isn't even willing to touch Rising and laughed it off as he announced "a true sequel to the metal gear series" PeaceWalker that him and the MGS4 team are working on

those being said both companies had a fantastic showing, although i have yet to be convinced that either natal or magic stick are a good idea, apparently somewhere society decided that waving your arms or a controller like a kid from the special bus = innovative immersion

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Umm, Metal Gear Rising is NOT exclusive. It's coming to both PS3 and 360. The Xbox version may get some downloable exclusives or extra stuff but the game is coming to both systems on the same day. This was confimed at E3 by both Sony Execs and Hideo Kojima.

The only Metal Gear exclusive is the one on PSP.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
2 flaws here

1. If Raiden is one of the most popular characters of MG series it's because he's hated
Why would you think that Raiden is hated? I liked him. He was pretty bad-*** in MGS 4. Although him fighting without any arms at the end was pretty stupid.

C

Chubbaluphigous

Audiophyte
The problem with Raiden in MGS2 was that he was a surprise. People wanted to play as snake. Instead, they got to start as snake, and then play the rest of the game as this totally new guy hoping to play as Snake again. Had his introduction been different, people whouldn't feel this way.

But that's why I wanted to post.

I just wanted to ask the author why you would tout a meathod of movie watching that can't do LPCM on a machine that can't do LPCM?

Never assume real exclusivity unless it is a 1st party devoper. Coming to the 360 does not equal coming exclusively to the 360.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Have you played Metal Gear 2? If you had you'd know why people hate Raiden and his irritating girlfriend.
I've played them all from Metal Gear Solid on. But MGS 2 was what, 10 years ago? I honeslty barely remember the plot line of that game. But I don't remember disliking Raiden.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I've played them all from Metal Gear Solid on. But MGS 2 was what, 10 years ago? I honeslty barely remember the plot line of that game. But I don't remember disliking Raiden.
I remember not liking him. But it was still one of the best games i played up to that point. I remember being wowed by the production value of the game...the movie like intro was awesome.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Come on guys, get your own thread to talk about that Raven dude :p

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Frankly I am tired of the 360 getting exclusive stuff. I can't imagine why those upgrade packages for GTA4 weren't made available for the PS3 for any reason other than pure nonsense from Microsoft.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
You know that's how they all work. MS, Sony, Toshiba, Intel...

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Frankly I am tired of the 360 getting exclusive stuff. I can't imagine why those upgrade packages for GTA4 weren't made available for the PS3 for any reason other than pure nonsense from Microsoft.
Nothing wrong with that. MS paid them extra money to make it exclusive. Sony didn't. All game studios are custom shops. You pay up, you get what the other guys don't.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis