Ram Electronics HS Speaker Cable Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Ram Electronics HS series of cables is built on the tried but true Canare 4S11 cable. Since before working for Audioholics the Canare 4S11 cables have been my preferred choice for speaker cables. They may not be the best choice for tight spaces or in-wall runs but they look a lot better than the Belden alternative and generally have a lot of weight and heft to them. They just feel like quality. Ram Electronics is giving you access to these cables with top of the line termination options. While you can find some brands for cheaper, if you're looking for the best construction, looks, and components, the HS cables are for you.

Discuss "Ram Electronics HS Speaker Cable Review" here. Read the article.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have been using Canare 4S11 for my cables for a few years and I think they are exceptional for the money. I did mine myself with Tec flex, wireboots, bananas and spades and I think after I pieced it together they were not that much less than the RAM models. The terminations that Tom describes are definitely nicer than the ones did but I would not want to buy a special tool for a one time job.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
I have the exact same cables from bluejeans and i absolutley love them. I wish i knew about these companies 8 years ago when i spent $400 for monster reference cables. At least i got a free plastic briefcase for them :)

The locking banana plugs i think are an absolute most. Makes life so much easier !

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Wayne Kerr 6420. Are you serious? Wanker? Can't make this stuff up
haha I always pronounced it as two words and didn't see that till you mentioned it. You have a dirty mind ;)

jinjuku

jinjuku

haha I always pronounced it as two words and didn't see that till you mentioned it. You have a dirty mind ;)
That's ok, I referred to my last boss as Randy Bender. He thought it was a harmless nickname... that and I would refer to him as 'mi castrano' (in an Italian accent). He was one of those guys that acted Italian because his great grandparents came over on a boat. Never did get that either.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I have been using Canare 4S11 for my cables for a few years and I think they are exceptional for the money. I did mine myself with Tec flex, wireboots, bananas and spades and I think after I pieced it together they were not that much less than the RAM models. The terminations that Tom describes are definitely nicer than the ones did but I would not want to buy a special tool for a one time job.
Ditto for me, ADK. I like the heft of the Canare 4s11. Cutting techflex is kinda hard. I never did get that down right, did you?
I think the reviewer was spot on saying this company could offer the tech flex solution more cheaply..........also they could offer the tech flex in way more colors, too. I used red tech flex with bright yellow heat shrink. But that's just me.....

G

gorillacooch

Enthusiast
How do these cables compare to River Starflex SPX-11 cables?

I'm having trouble deciding between the two.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
How do these cables compare to River Starflex SPX-11 cables?

I'm having trouble deciding between the two.
Very similar. Your choice should be based on price and aesthetics between the two.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
i get Canare form cable solutions I like the feel and the build quality and the price is very good!!! I'm almost 100% canare through my system excpet for some used audioquest that I got for 15 bucks

G

gorillacooch

Enthusiast
How much better are the cables made by mudkat, the cat 5?

G

gorillacooch

Enthusiast
Do the HS cables use the same gas joint termination thingy that river uses?

G

gorillacooch

Enthusiast
Can you please do a comparison with Audio Art Cables? I would love to see what you think about those. Also can you do a big comparison review of XLR connectors.

G

gorillacooch

Enthusiast
Oh and one more thing, does the WBT connector really make a difference? What does River cable use?

Does River Cable use Canare4S11?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis