Tuning Up for Guitar Hero 5

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The impact of the Guitar Hero franchise can't be understated. It has consistently dominated video game pop-charts while rocking its way into the music industry itself. It's a promotional outlet for new bands and a whole new way for fans to enjoy their favorite tunes. It's also provided a well-needed bonus revenue stream for the music industry. The latest installment is the upcoming Guitar Hero 5 and rumors of all new rhythm section action are hotter than Hendrix on his flying V.

Discuss "Tuning Up for Guitar Hero 5" here. Read the article.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
I guess, if I get tired of Rock Band, I'll check it out.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like another good installment is on the way. I like the new features they are adding... the franchise just keeps getting better and better.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
This makes me want to play GH right now...

But then I would be glued to it for the next three hours :p

UH Matt

UH Matt

Junior Audioholic
Rock band is better for party play, but GH is the best for solo play by far.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Rock band is better for party play, but GH is the best for solo play by far.
GH: World Tour is every bit as good as Rock Band for party play, and so is GH: Metallica, so long as people like that type of music.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I think RB kicks the crap out of GH in just about every way. But I'm looking forward to GH Van Halen. That should be cool.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
What makes you think RB is so much better than GH? I like both, I'm just curious of your opinion.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
What makes you think RB is so much better than GH? I like both, I'm just curious of your opinion.
I loved GH when it first came out. But I got sick and tired of the lack of backwards compatability with the wireless controllers on the PS 3. Then when RB first came out, it kicked the crap out of GH, because being able to play with 4 people was so much more fun. The more I played it, the more I preferred it to GH. Once RB came out, I never played GH again. The track selection on RB was better, the character animations were better, the camera angles, the venues, RB was just an all-around better experience.

Then when GHWT came out, I gave it a shot because all the instruments were SUPPOSEDLY going to be compatible with RB. Well the guitar worked, but the drums didn't. So I played GHWT with just the guitar for a few days, but it just wasn't as fun as RB. I thought the characters looked stupid compared to RB. Maybe I didn't play it long enough to get deep into the game, but it was never enough fun to make me want to. I returned GHWT after about a week.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Too many games, why make a new game when you can just release a track pack?

I mean that's pretty much all you're paying for anyways is it not? A few new features no one will use doesn't make it any more attractive than Guitar hero 2 which had the best songs imo.

UH Matt

UH Matt

Junior Audioholic
Too many games, why make a new game when you can just release a track pack?

I mean that's pretty much all you're paying for anyways is it not? A few new features no one will use doesn't make it any more attractive than Guitar hero 2 which had the best songs imo.
Its all about the benjamins. They make more money when you spend $60 vs. $5 for a track pack. Plus all of the product placement in the games prolly pulls in a good amount of money also.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
You guys can play all the GH and RB you want, but I will stick to my good old DDR.

PhillyDan1969

PhillyDan1969

Junior Audioholic
Personally I feel that Rock Band 2 is not as tough as Guitar Hero World Tour, but both are fun!!!

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
You guys can play all the GH and RB you want, but I will stick to my good old DDR.
I used to be able to kick at that game! :D But now... I would probably trip trying to do just one song :p

I'm a GH fan... No. 1 was crappy because the hammer ons and pull offs didn't work (I liked playing "Godzilla" tho...)... No. 2 was awesome, it had nice complement of songs, and it finally fixed the HOs & POs... No. 3 was "okay"... it didn't seem to pull off as much as 1 & 2... Rock the 80's had maybe _2_ good songs... Aerosmith is a great band, but the animation in the game just made it scary... and No. 4 has really changed my perspective... it's still great for solo play but it united the other instruments together nicely :)

IMO, at least... :D

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
GH3's H-ON and P-OFF system was a million times better than 1 and 2's. There's no debating that.

I would have bought 4, but didnt care for the track list. I loved the drums though.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
GH3's H-ON and P-OFF system was a million times better than 1 and 2's. There's no debating that.

I would have bought 4, but didnt care for the track list. I loved the drums though.
Well, no. 2 really improved over no. 1 in the fact that they actually _worked_... lol... but I do agree that they were working the best in no. 3... no. 4 seems a little "too" precise... I dunno'...

No. 4's track list had a few good songs (Wings, Tool, Guess Who)... but a bunch of it was a little too pop-y for me... I did see that they have Mars Volta on there... and from what I understand, Jamie is working for them! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis