Epson Ensemble HD Next-gen Home Theater

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Most of us feel as good about Home Theater in a Box as we do about meals at a drive-thru. Epson’s Ensemble HD system takes all the convenience of HTiB but brings the weight of its brand behind a projector that fits elegantly behind a complete home theater system. Epson has just announced that its Ensemble HD just been rebooted with its new projectors at the heart of its unique systems.

Discuss "Epson Ensemble HD Next-gen Home Theater" here. Read the article.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
This is a product that is a bit of an aardvark if you ask me.
Agreed. But Epson would prefer "innovative". Hey, at least it ain't a Platypus.

In my life I've seen hi-fi evolved into Home Theater shifting emphasis to the "home" a little more. It seems natural. Hi-fi always had 'room' treatments and considerations. But some HT mags are all about the home decor etc. It's an interesting mix. This is the first product I've heard of that combines the two.

Sorry, I know it doesn't answer your questions.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
As noted in the article it's a bit silly that they didn't include a BD player in the package. It's 1080p but then you have to add your own BD player? Either that or settle for the included SD DVD player? Nice try but - "no cigar".

majorloser

majorloser

I had a chance to see this at the Audioholics SOTU last year. I thought it would be a pretty cool setup for a bedroom or for a living room with huge amounts of WAF to deal with.

Granted, the projector with rear channel speakers in the same housing isn't exactly a small easily hidden package to mount on the ceiling. But the speaker inside the screen housing is a nice touch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis