Digital Converter Box Comparison & Shootout

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Looking for a digital TV converter box can be a daunting task as every store seems to have their own brands. And with a proliferation of boxes on the internet, which ones work with those $40 government coupons… If so, how well do they work? Features? Quality? Ease of use? Affordability? Audioholics compares five popular boxes to analyze the facts and details and help you make the best choice!

Discuss "Digital Converter Box Comparison & Shootout" here. Read the article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the review!

I might just have to get one of those Channel Master units. I have the Zenith DTT901 and have been really happy, except that I wish that it had S-video and that the program guide showed more into the future. I do like how the Zenith lets you check what's on other channels without changing the channel, though.

I really (REALLY) wish that these lower-priced boxes had digital audio output. That's one of the reason that I put off getting one until a couple of months ago.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I have a couple of those APEX boxes.... yeah.

I know of at least one of mine that has a power supply that makes noise in standby mode.

Not to mention with rabbit ears, keep the AC power cord away from the leads as much as possible. It causes quite a bit of interference; enough to block stations from coming in.

K

-Kevin-

Junior Audioholic
I picked up one of the CM-7000 units a couple days ago. I was unable to find it on Amazon. It looks like it sold out! However, ended up purchasing it here for less than the $60 Amazon had it for:
http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=CM-7000

I have to say, I agree with the review of this unit on all points. It is a fantastic converter!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis