Amazon Video on Demand in HD

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The options for HDTV movie viewing keep growing. Some might say it’s been a long time coming but finally Amazon’s Video on Demand service is offering some HD movie titles. The service goes out to several consumer devices including IPTV by Panasonic.

Discuss "Amazon Video on Demand in HD" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Let me know when the content is in 1080p with lossless audio, and no hiccups in the streaming of the playback and offered for a reasonable price, then I might be interested... until then I'm very happy with physical media.

R

repdetect

Audiophyte
Let me know when the content is in 1080p with lossless audio, and no hiccups in the streaming of the playback and offered for a reasonable price, then I might be interested... until then I'm very happy with physical media.
I'm with you. $5 for second rate picture and bottom of the barrel sound. No thanks.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Does this Panasonic IPTV rollout include the BD60/80 or just VIERAcast TVs?

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I totally agree with you guys. I didn't want to knock it too hard but, man... Who is saying that downloads are going to be the death of Blu-ray?

Not while a pulse yet rattles in my eardrums is compressed two channel my HT audio of choice.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm with you. $5 for second rate picture and bottom of the barrel sound. No thanks.
That is a lot for convenience, for me it is. I can schedule a run to Blockbusters on the way to some other destinations and have 108p and HD sound for the same price:D

A

alexwakelin

Full Audioholic
HD movies are not currently available for viewing on your computer
I don't understand why so many of these services are only available through a special box which needs to be purchased. I already have netflix, but I would try the service at least once just to see how well it works. Sometimes if I want to watch something and I don't feel like waiting for netflix to deliver it I will still drive down to blockbuster. If I could watch it intsantly in hd, I might go that route, but not if I need to buy a special box that runs ~$100 to $200.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis