Punisher: War Zone Blu-ray Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Punisher has been played by three actors now: First Dolph Lundgren in the campy 80s Punisher movie. Then Thomas Jane gave us a brooding Punisher in 2004. It’s my opinion that the best Punisher was saved ‘til last. Ray Stevenson is a Punisher like no other – and Lexi Alexander gives us the look and feel that is just right for the material. The 2008 film didn’t exactly set records at the box-office, but nobody expected it to. But like the 2004 film, this version might just find its true following on home video. You won’t find a better representation of this gritty, violent action thriller than this two-disc set on Blu-ray.

Discuss "Punisher: War Zone Blu-ray Review" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Looks good... I'll have to check this out. I always like a good 7.1 dts-hd ma track.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Just picked this up.....I'll have to check it out after my inebriation period this evening. :)

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
Wanna check it out! Loved Ray in the HBO series, Rome.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The movie showed up from blockbuster yesterday... gonna watch it tomorrow.

I.Canton

I.Canton

Audioholic Intern
I loved Ray in this film, but little else. He made a great Punisher, but I felt the previous Punisher was much better in general. Still though, worth a watch. :)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Lots of use of the surrounds in this movie, but I didn't really care for it all that much, but I have seen worse films.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I LOVED the "Punisher" with Travolta and Thomas Jane. I own my own copy and have probably watched it 7+ times.

I hated the newest incarnation........I didn't even watch the finish. I probably watched about 1/2 to 2/3 and couldn't tolerate any more. I'm an easy critic too!! I rarely don't make it to the end of a movie.

A

alexwakelin

Full Audioholic
I thought it was worth watching, netflix sent me my copy and I saw it Friday night. Good use of surrounds and strong LFE throughout the movie. I still think the 2004 version might be better. Did anyone else notice that the audio track seemed louder then most blu-rays? I had my receiver turned up about 75% of my normal movie watching level for this disk.

Mosimo

Mosimo

Audiophyte
Thanks for the review, didn't know it was out already. Will probably rent it.

R

romantic

Junior Audioholic
i watched it already but i just stop watching it after 1/3 and chat with my friend instead

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis