Aperion Audio Intimus 6T-DB Hybrid XD System

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We're no strangers to Aperion Audio, having reviewed their products in one form or another since 2005. We've experienced the gamut of products - from their earliest Intimus 5.1 system to the 522D-PT Powered Towers, to their latest Intimus Harmony 4B Harmony SD package. In each case we've found them to be an exceptional value with incredible build quality that surpasses most of their peers in the marketplace. This latest review takes the very best 5.1 system they have to offer - their Intimus 6T-DB Hybrid XD - whose 6T tower won our 2008 Consumer Excellence Award - and drives it hard to see if it can stand up under fire.

Discuss "Aperion Audio Intimus 6T-DB Hybrid XD System" here. Read the article.

A

acacia987

Junior Audioholic
how does Aperion compare with Axiom across the board? i never did a listening test between them, but they seem similar with respect to build quality and price point.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
how does Aperion compare with Axiom across the board? i never did a listening test between them, but they seem similar with respect to build quality and price point.
Aperion has the edge when it comes to build quality. As for sound, I find Axioms are a bit brighter and reveal a bit more detail. I feel Axioms have a slightly recessed midrange whereas the Aperions are more balanced. It depends what you like.

"Not in the "wow, they actually did something right" sort of way, but the "holy cow, our readers really need to start checking these out" sort of way."

I'm going to have a chance to listen to the Bravus 8D this weekend. Should be interesting and I'll post impressions.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I don't see this comparing to the Emotiva Speaker 1 package...

With the ERT 8.3 I would be willing to place money on blind vs the Aperion towers.
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Both are excellent systems and with the newly redesigned tweet of the Aperion, it appears they addressed my complaints on the tower I reviewed a # of years ago. Good stuff!

jinjuku

jinjuku

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Both are excellent systems and with the newly redesigned tweet of the Aperion, it appears they addressed my complaints on the tower I reviewed a # of years ago. Good stuff!
I dunno, there is a $1500 difference. That leaves a lot on the table even after subtracting for a sub.

Hopefully there will be some reviews of the ERT 8.3's hitting the various sites soon.

browninggold

browninggold

Junior Audioholic
I have the 6T Towers and all I can say is wow. You can drive them loud and they stay clear. 2 channel music is great with them...no need for a sub.

J

Johnnyjack

Audiophyte
I would like to win a pair of the Aperion Speakers

1.)I would use them either in my living room or bedroom.
2.) Probably from one room out to the other
3.) I currently have Polk Towers but I might use Aperion speakers too.:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis