Killzone 2 on PlayStation 3, Out of Control

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Killzone 2 is the most anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusive since Metal Gear Solid 4. It finally arrived last Friday, February 27 to fanfare and glowing reviews. But after a few days message boards started lighting up with complaints about the controls. Demand has been so loud to fix the controls that the game’s developers have even come forward with a statement – don’t expect a KZ2 control patch anytime soon.

Discuss "Killzone 2 on PlayStation 3, Out of Control" here. Read the article.

shenaniganz

shenaniganz

Junior Audioholic
I only played the first few levels. The control's do suck. I did mess with them to make them more like whats on COD. I like it alot more now. The online is great from what i first see. The clan management is way better then the limited controls when playing COD online. You can go right to a game a friend is in, go to there squad and only talk to them. Stuff like that is great I think. It takes some changes to get the controls up to COD level like i said but when you do it is way better. Just play it, get use to it ,enjoy it. Well until COD 6 or new maps come out for the COD's .

Sorry for all the COD (Call Of Duty) Stuff but they set the standard for ps3 first person shooters.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I only played the first few levels. The control's do suck. I did mess with them to make them more like whats on COD. I like it alot more now. The online is great from what i first see. The clan management is way better then the limited controls when playing COD online. You can go right to a game a friend is in, go to there squad and only talk to them. Stuff like that is great I think. It takes some changes to get the controls up to COD level like i said but when you do it is way better. Just play it, get use to it ,enjoy it. Well until COD 6 or new maps come out for the COD's .

Sorry for all the COD (Call Of Duty) Stuff but they set the standard for ps3 first person shooters.
Totally agree Shenz

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I don't have a PS3 so I have not played this game. My main question is if you play the game like "the game developer intended" ;) do the controls still suck?

BTW how does this shooter stack up to Gears of War 2 and other shooters for the 360.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It took a little getting used to, but in reality it only took me a few minutes to adapt without even checking the options to see what the controls were. Those guys who are complaining are just a bunch of whiners. I LIKE the controls and I feel this is a better game than COD4.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I think everybody varies. Personally - I like the clean controlls of CoD4/5 better. This tries to give you 'effects' like swerving, bobbing as you run etc. This reminds me of Gears a lot actually. The bulkiness of your avatar also reminds me of Gears. He's slow to respond but builds up momentem and often overshoots the target... that occurs both when running, turning and simply targeting.

I find I'm getting more and more used to it and it's not so bad.

One thing I didn't mention in my reivew is the amazing score. The sound-track music is very theatrical and really adds to the mood. It's a very well done and if none of my friends can adapt to play multi-player with me... too bad for them. I'll at least finish single player.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah my buddy has it and I gave it a shot.

Graphics look pretty good.

But as for the controls.........I mean come on.......your playing an FPS on a console with dual analog. What do you expect?

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
I don't mind that the controls are intentionally "heavy" or slow moving. My biggest gripe about the controls is the FREAKIN' INPUT LAG! It takes forever for the game to recognize analog input. When I'm aiming for Helghast, I move my aiming reticle, but I always overshoot my target because the game fails to detect accurately when I've stopped moving it.

If they could fix the input lag, I'm sure 99% of players wouldn't mind the slower paced controls.

shenaniganz

shenaniganz

Junior Audioholic
Yea the main thing is getting use to it. Which is fine. Every game is dif. Its a Challenge and thats kinda the point. I dont know about you but most of the time I start a game on hard or the next level (not legendary or impossible) I'm doing that on dead space and its crazy hard. Anyway I complain but the first thing I'm doing tonight befor I go out is going to be a little online action...

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
i'm probably a good person to ask because i absolutely suck at FPS' and have never played all of the above. and i think the controls work just fine. i might also add that the inclusion of a practice game that uses 'bots is freakin brilliant for newcomers like me (it's why i bought this game). i can put in one or two bots and run around figuring out how to play a FPS. before your learning options were to go online and get your head shot off in 2 seconds or play a game on the easy level and get your head shot off in 4 seconds. not exactly much of a learning experience.

Flag-Matic

Flag-Matic

Audioholic Intern
I agree the controls suck, but I still find it fun. I play with a clan so the chat always keeps it interesting.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I don't have a PS3 so I have not played this game. My main question is if you play the game like "the game developer intended" ;) do the controls still suck?

BTW how does this shooter stack up to Gears of War 2 and other shooters for the 360.
I haven't played a shooter anywhere near the Gears engine IMO on a console. Though COD 4 is very good.

I think Gears of War 1 was one of the best games I've played. It really is amazing.

U

unpredictableAX

Enthusiast
I am unable to to a lack of post(completely understandable) to post a WTB thread, however I was going to see if anyone might be up for selling their used copy of Killzone 2.
I just picked up a PS# and I am trying to get a few games together.

thanks
Carl

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
I owned a 360 for over a year, and played the first Gears of War (btw Isberian... I do not know what you are referring to with the Gears Engine... Gears runs on the Unreal engine... as does a plethora of other games...) I thought it was a good game, but the lack of any real story, character building, or even immersion was very low for me personally. Killzone 2 is better at all of these than Gears was. Killzone looks better than even the Gears sequel, plays better, and the animation of all of the models and characters help in an immersive way, that Gears could only dream of. As far as the controls, I personally like them, and the lack of auto-aim, that so many other console FPS's opt for. It is beyond annoying for me when I play CoD4, and a guy gets a head shot on me, while I am running, and he clearly was aiming a foot BEHIND me... yet somehow still shoots me in the head... that does not happen in KZ2. And I love it for that, take more patient, accuracy, and skill. Something too many games are dropping these days for hyper-sensationalism and unrealistic shooting experiences. Not that I dont feel that those games have their purpose, I like UT and Quake... but I do not want every shooter to be like that.

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
I've played and beaten Gears 1, 2, and Killzone 2. Killzone 2 was more challenging, but the gameplay became boring and redundant after a while. I found myself pushing to complete the game not because I enjoyed it, but for the sake of getting the most out of my money (rental).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just picked this guy up for $30 used. Look forward to playing it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis