NHT to Close Doors, Enters Self-Imposed Chrysalis

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Now Hear This Audio, commonly known as NHT, is looking to sell off remaining stock and close their doors as of March 31st, 2009; at least according to inside information from CE Pro. The good news is that cofounder Chris Byrne claims this is not the end, it is a transformation.

Discuss "NHT to Close Doors, Enters Self-Imposed Chrysalis" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Love NHT

I got re-introduced into better audio when I bought a pair of NHT 1.3As about 16 or 17 years ago. I love their sound, and still use them. While their role as front main speakers in my system has been taken over by a pair of B&W603s and a B&W LCR600, the NHTs are still an integral part of my main system. It's just that now they're my surrounds.

Still, they've played an excellent part in my life and I'm looking forward to many more years of use. I love their sexy, glossy, black finish, and think they really are a fine speaker.

Best of luck NHT.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
There are more NHT speakers in my house than any other brand. They’re the first speakers I actually spent money on.

I’ve always been interested in the Classic four but I never considered them a significant enough upgrade from the ST-4 I already own. I’ve always loved the brands trademark laid-back, relaxed sound. I think the company’s products sonic qualities can be summed up as being on the opposite end of the spectrum as comparably priced Klipsch. I’ve always thought that for musical speakers in that general price range you’re either a fan of one or the other. I have a friend who spent about the same amount on some Klipsch so we’ve done a lot of back and forth comparisons.

It’s sad to see them go but hey, they’re a company and they have to do what they have to do. There are lots of great speakers out there, I wish Byrne all the best in future endeavors.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
It would be a downright shame if this company disappeared – some very fine speakers came from NHT. I’m kind of surprised we’ve not heard about more higher end audio companies having trouble in these “tough economic times”. Can’t imagine there are many people with disposable cash (or decent credit) looking to pay for this kind of gear.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis