New Yamaha Receivers Now In Stock

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The new and improved RX-V565, RX-V465 and RX-V365 Surround Receivers from Yamaha have arrived at bad robot. As always, we bring you the latest products before anyone else. We offer more value-added extras than anyone else in the industry, such as Free Ground Shipping, Lifetime Product Support, and 3-year Extended Warranties.

Check out the newest Yamaha receivers at bad robot

H

HTGuy

Audiophyte
PS3 Dark Picture Problem Fixed On New Yamahas?

I really loved last year's RX-V463, but I had to return it because of the dark picture problem that resulted from running my PS3 via HDMI through the 463. It produced a picture that was darker than normal on my TV. Adjusting brightness and contrast had no effect on the picture. Other people in other online forums reported the same problem. As far as I know, the cause of the problem was never really discovered with any certainty.

I'm hoping the problem has been solved on this year's 465. I've been a Yamaha receiver fan for years and would really like to purchase a 465 if I knew for sure that this problem won't appear again.

Does anyone on this forum have any insight into the problem or its possible correction?

M

mrtravis78

Audiophyte
HDMI Category?

I was just wondering if the HDMI inputs in these models are 1.3 or not? I just don't see that in the specs anywhere. Also, does anyone know what upscaling chip is being used?

H

HTGuy

Audiophyte
I was just wondering if the HDMI inputs in these models are 1.3 or not? I just don't see that in the specs anywhere. Also, does anyone know what upscaling chip is being used?
All of the models that have Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio decoders must have HDMI 1.3. See the FAQ page on the HDMI.org web site for more information on HDMI versions and features.

J

josephga

Enthusiast
I ordered me one of the 465's I only need a good receiver for my dvd player and tv with the coupon code i found it too be a very good price

H

HTGuy

Audiophyte
Received my RX-V465!

OK. I received my RX-V465 today. I'm very pleased to see that the dark picture via PS3 that the 463 suffered from has been fixed! In addition to running my PS3 (via HDMI) through the 465, I have my DirecTV HD DVR connected via optical cable.

The new display definitely looks white to me, not blue. Regardless of color, the larger letters on the display are easier to read from across the room. Also, I really kind of like the spring clips for the center and surround speakers. I know they're "cheaper", but they also make it much easier to connect the speaker wire. I think I'm getting lazy and less fussy in my old age.

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
OK. I received my RX-V465 today. I'm very pleased to see that the dark picture via PS3 that the 463 suffered from has been fixed! In addition to running my PS3 (via HDMI) through the 465, I have my DirecTV HD DVR connected via optical cable.

The new display definitely looks white to me, not blue. Regardless of color, the larger letters on the display are easier to read from across the room. Also, I really kind of like the spring clips for the center and surround speakers. I know they're "cheaper", but they also make it much easier to connect the speaker wire. I think I'm getting lazy and less fussy in my old age.
Are you going to have a chance to take a few pics HTG?

K

Kermee

Audiophyte
Just ordered the Yamaha RX-V465 yesterday from Audioholics! It'll be my first Yamaha AVR and it's going into my master bedroom. Been meaning to upgrade my Denon AVR-3805 in the HT room, but I'm too lazy/broke. ;)

J

josephga

Enthusiast
I ordered mine last Sunday. I called yesterday too check up on it and was told they had sold out the first shipment and that a new shipment would be in today and mine should ship tomorrow

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic

thanks for a great write up....

how is the actual power from the unit; is it clean and old Yamaha sounding or is it more "sony" sounding?

I.Canton

I.Canton

Audioholic Intern
I have an older Onkyo unit that I'm considering upgrading, and this one looks pretty solid. I'll be interested to see more opinions posted.

U

undeaddevil

Audiophyte
Hi guys!
I just bought a RX-V365 receiver, but I have no idea how I can set it up to make a surround sound with my PS3. Badly, I have been stuck for two days! Can someone help me out? thanks !!!

PS: I connected PS3 to receiver through digital optical cable, and PS3 to TV through HDMI

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Hi guys!
I just bought a RX-V365 receiver, but I have no idea how I can set it up to make a surround sound with my PS3. Badly, I have been stuck for two days! Can someone help me out? thanks !!!

PS: I connected PS3 to receiver through digital optical cable, and PS3 to TV through HDMI
The hook the Ps3 via hdmi to the yama then hdmi to the tv from the yama

U

undeaddevil

Audiophyte
The hook the Ps3 via hdmi to the yama then hdmi to the tv from the yama
Based on your suggestion, it would have surround sound on speakers, not stereo right?
I'll check it tonight! thanks alot!!! ^_^

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Based on your suggestion, it would have surround sound on speakers, not stereo right?
I'll check it tonight! thanks alot!!! ^_^
Yep, it will have sound coming from all your speakers, so, "surround sound". :)
Just make sure that you set your PS3 audio HDMI output to "LPCM" from the audio HDMI setup menu. And your receiver will show you "Multichannel PCM" from it's front panel display. And when you select the appropriate soundtrack from the blu-ray disc audio setup menu or Audio selection track from the "Audio" button on your remote, you can be assure that you'll get the full benefit of the high resolution audio of Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA audio soundtracks. :)

Bob

U

undeaddevil

Audiophyte
Yep, it will have sound coming from all your speakers, so, "surround sound". :)
Just make sure that you set your PS3 audio HDMI output to "LPCM" from the audio HDMI setup menu. And your receiver will show you "Multichannel PCM" from it's front panel display. And when you select the appropriate soundtrack from the blu-ray disc audio setup menu or Audio selection track from the "Audio" button on your remote, you can be assure that you'll get the full benefit of the high resolution audio of Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA audio soundtracks. :)

Bob
I do exactly what you tell me, but unfortunately there is no sound comming out from yama, or just the sound from TV speakers. I'm panic now T.T plz help me!!!

U

undeaddevil

Audiophyte
finally I know how it has surround sound man. thanks all alot ^^

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Care to explain!

I do exactly what you tell me, but unfortunately there is no sound comming out from yama, or just the sound from TV speakers. I'm panic now T.T plz help me!!!
Well, don't panic just yet, like running completely nude around the block with only your runners on and screaming at each passerby. :eek:

finally I know how it has surround sound man. thanks all alot ^^
So how? It works now? Is the panic trick did work out for you? ;)

K

kriktsemaj99

Audioholic Intern
Hi guys!

The RX-V365 cannot play audio over HDMI so you were right to use a digital optical cable from the PS3 to the 365. HDMI video can go straight from the PS3 to the TV or through the 365, your choice.

Now check your PS3 sound settings, to make sure Dolby Digital and DTS are enabled, and that it outputs bitstream (not PCM). Now play a movie with a Dolby or DTS sound track and you should get surround sound.

But if you have it working I guess you figured this out?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis