Anthem Audio/Video Master 50v Preamplifier/Processor

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Anthem showed the Audio/Video Master 50v preamplifier/home theater processor with a built in tuner and independent source selection for recording. This updated version of the AVM 50 combines A/V performance-enhancing technologies with whole-home entertainment control that makes it possible for users to direct audio and video program materials throughout their homes.

Discuss "Anthem Audio/Video Master 50v Preamplifier/Processor" here. Read the article.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
So, are you guys getting one of these in for review? Actually, more importantly, are you getting one of these in for review and then offering it as a FREE giveaway to a lucky, loyal reader perhaps? :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Man, that thing is FUGLY. WAY too many buttons!

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I wonder why it was only "mildly interesting"?
As opposed to a yamaha 663 that's "gotta have it"?!

Because I have a Yamaha 663..........and I'll take the Anthem in a heart beat....
Of course it's prbly $9k.......but then again, you usually get what you pay for!

J

jamie2112

Banned
Mildly interesting is a good way to put it......I am sure it will be hella expensive..:eek:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
hey, i was in the same room as this thing.

that was about as close as i was gonna get to one :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder why it was only "mildly interesting"?
As opposed to a yamaha 663 that's "gotta have it"?!

Because I have a Yamaha 663..........and I'll take the Anthem in a heart beat....
Of course it's prbly $9k.......but then again, you usually get what you pay for!
I don't think there's mch out there that proivdes the flexability of this beast. Home Theater dedicated 7/8 of their review of teh previous model just on its features. :D

Yes, If I found one of them, I think I'd be very happy too......"My precious!!"
:D

Z

zr123

Audiophyte
I believe the MSRP is only $5499 US which makes it one of the best pre/pros in it's class.

It'll internally decode all the new HD Audio codecs as well as come built-in with Anthem's new ARC software.

From what I understand Anthem just started production today and will be shipping these towards the end of next week.

We've put in an order for one and should be receiving ours for our new dedicated HT that's set for completion sometime in Feb.

Excited :D

B

bigdwest

Enthusiast
I believe the MSRP is only $5499 US which makes it one of the best pre/pros in it's class.

It'll internally decode all the new HD Audio codecs as well as come built-in with Anthem's new ARC software.

From what I understand Anthem just started production today and will be shipping these towards the end of next week.

We've put in an order for one and should be receiving ours for our new dedicated HT that's set for completion sometime in Feb.

At $5499 this the Anthem seems like a steal compared to the likes of the Denon AVP. Eight HDMI 1.3c connections, a full scale video processor with almost none of the features striped out (great for fine tuning), ARC room correction EQ which competes competently against the Audyssey Sound EQ stand alone room correction unit but doesn't require a certified technician to set it up, the Anthem sound which has been praised by the audio writters of almost every audio publication out there is, and an fan base and online user community that is willing to help.

$5499 is not cheap but for the features and audio quality and support culture, I don't know if there is anything in the class that can measure close. And as always Anthem is committed to an upgrade path for their users.

This is likely to be my processor.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I certainly want one when the time is right :eek:. It has all the features I want and (I think) I can use pro power amps without all of the conversion and amplification boxes for RCA-to-XLR, etc...

G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
Anyone get one of these yet? Can you comment on the ARC setup and how well it improves your sound? I'm seriously considering this and the Anthem D2v. I'm just hesitant to pull the trigger with business as slow as it is...

Also, does this unit have the same Video Scaler as the D2v?

This or the D2v will be in my home one of these days.... The question is when... :confused:

That is of course, unless the Emo Umc-1 is a complete sleeper and comes close to the performance level of one of these. But I'm thinking it is going to be very difficult to truly compete with the SQ and video capability of these Anthem units...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone get one of these yet? Can you comment on the ARC setup and how well it improves your sound? I'm seriously considering this and the Anthem D2v. I'm just hesitant to pull the trigger with business as slow as it is...

Also, does this unit have the same Video Scaler as the D2v?

This or the D2v will be in my home one of these days.... The question is when... :confused:

That is of course, unless the Emo Umc-1 is a complete sleeper and comes close to the performance level of one of these. But I'm thinking it is going to be very difficult to truly compete with the SQ and video capability of these Anthem units...
The Scaler is the same in both the D2v vs the AVM50v.

See this post for the differences between the 2 units....
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=15546653#post15546653

Patiently waiting.... :rolleyes::eek:

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

Did you say Only ?

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
So, are you guys getting one of these in for review? Actually, more importantly, are you getting one of these in for review and then offering it as a FREE giveaway to a lucky, loyal reader perhaps? :D

Damn, beat me to it:p

Of course, an extended listening test with my own equipment would be acceptable also;):D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis