Isophon Arabba Loudspeaker

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Isophon Arabba Loudspeaker was shown with Marcassa Ebony and Ceramic Accuton Drivers. At the booth was a German Professor of Physics named Roland Galdo who spent an hour explaining to me the process of design that went into the Arabba. Having access to a Cray Supercomputer at Stuttgart University in Germany where he is a professor, Roland modeled the drivers measured data, the enclosure and the crossover network. According to him this required 32 simultaneous mathematical equations to solve with 800 unknown variables. The sound was impressive, indeed perhaps flawless and the cabinet as beautifully crafted as it was meticulously designed.

Discuss "Isophon Arabba Loudspeaker" here. Read the article.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
My calculus knowledge says you need N equations if you have N unknowns, to solve for all unknowns. I'm not sure what that means for 32 equations and 800 unknowns, but my guess would be you have to randomly pick values (or make educated guesses but any value is fine) for 768 of them...which means they are no longer unknown variables.

???

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's just marketing. You know.....the numbers game. :)

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
The Isophon Arabba Loudspeaker was shown with Marcassa Ebony and Ceramic Accuton Drivers. At the booth was a German Professor of Physics named Roland Galdo who spent an hour explaining to me the process of design that went into the Arabba. Having access to a Cray Supercomputer at Stuttgart University in Germany where he is a professor, Roland modeled the drivers measured data, the enclosure and the crossover network. According to him this required 32 simultaneous mathematical equations to solve with 800 unknown variables. The sound was impressive, indeed perhaps flawless and the cabinet as beautifully crafted as it was meticulously designed.

Discuss "Isophon Arabba Loudspeaker" here. Read the article.
I found it fascinating that a perfect speaker cabinet has a front,back & two sides

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis