Vizio to Ship $199 Blu-ray Player

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
VIZIO's new $199 VBR100 Blu-ray player is outfitted with a 108MHz/11-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and provides 720p/1080i/1080p video upconversion for standard definition DVD discs via HDMI. A 24-bit/192kHz audio Digital to Analog Converter delivers audio playback from all of the latest surround sound formats and the VBR100 decodes uncompressed audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio. We don't know which video processing is included, but this marks a lower-than-typical price point for Blu-ray and that's got to be good news for consumers.

Discuss "Vizio to Ship $199 Blu-ray Player" here. Read the article.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
The player looks pretty good as well. Blu-ray really needs to cut the loading. I appreciate the fact that the players are getting slimmer but we don't need credit cards, we need ones that load as quick as DVDs.

M

mnnc

Full Audioholic
Any idea if this will do multi-ch audio...sacd and/or dvda...? The new Oppo is double price however it does it all.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Any idea if this will do multi-ch audio...sacd and/or dvda...? The new Oppo is double price however it does it all.
Apparently you didn't read the 1 paragraph article, as it lists 7.1 ch analog outs.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Apparently you didn't read the 1 paragraph article, as it lists 7.1 ch analog outs.
Apparently, you didn't read the one sentence question, as it asks if it will do SACD or DVD-A. :D

J/K with you, John!

To the original question, the article doesn't mention any ability to do SACD or DVD-A, two-channel or other. I can't say if it does or not.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Nice... new lower priced blu ray players are great as long as they quality isn't too bad. I would hate to see many people get a low priced player and thing blu ray isn't that great just becuase they have a sub par player.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I saw a Samsung player at Blockbuster last night that was $199. But it was ugly and didn't have HDMI.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I believe the new Sherwood BD was just $169 on sale now. I agree about the sub-par players though. If they flood the market with average players, the masses aren't going to see the real benefit.

S

swestbom

Audioholic Intern
I have two of their TVs, both are great for the price and the time they were made. I suspect their blu-ray player will be great for the price as well. SACD would be nice though, EZGear and Oppo, or if you have had a frontal lobotomy the Denon.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I believe the new Sherwood BD was just $169 on sale now. I agree about the sub-par players though. If they flood the market with average players, the masses aren't going to see the real benefit.
The masses aren't going to spend 400 dollars on a blue ray player to begin with.

Inexpensive and quality players is what is needed to boost mediocre blue ray sales.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I think blu ray players need to get down to at least the $100 range for the mainstream to start buying them, and also B&M rental stores really need to start stocking more blu ray movies, especially the new releases.

P

popotoys

Audioholic
The masses aren't going to spend 400 dollars on a blue ray player to begin with.

Inexpensive and quality players is what is needed to boost mediocre blue ray sales.
Agree

We need to get the cost of blu-ray disks down to an affordable level.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
looks like i am going to be in the market for a B/R player soon. and $400 is just crazy. i don't think they are going to be popular until there are more HDTV's in homes, and the player prices are less than $200 for a nice basic model. = what i am looking for. and i don't care about disc cost = NETFLIX all the way.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
That would go good with my vizio plasma tv. Thanks for posting that info.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If you end up getting it, let us know your impressions.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Specs seem to be...

DTS-MA and True HD decoding.
BD-Live (profile 2.0) capable.
7.1 analog outputs
Blu-ray, DVD, CD

No mention of SACD/DVD-A, so I wouldn't expect it at this time.

Now, if we can get the same thing with Oppo on the label, at a similar price, and we are really talking!

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
i was at walmart today. they had magnavox B-R's for $199. i got the last one, though i don't know if i will keep it. it was an impulse buy. i don't have any B-R disc's(next netflix delivery). but the up conversion wasn't too bad.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis