NAD Electronics T 747 and T 737 AV Receivers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
NAD Electronics introduced two new AV receivers: the T 747 ($1,299) and T 737 ($799). The T 747 AV receiver features 60 watts (x7) channels and uses high-current discrete output devices. The T 747 also includes the newest lossless audio CODECs from Dolby and DTS, including TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. The T 737 delivers 40 watts to each of its seven channels. Its three surround modes automatically cater to multichannel-encoded DVDs using Dolby Digital EX and DTS ES, encoded two-channel recordings with Dolby ProLogic IIx and DTS Neo:6, and NAD's own EARS and Stereo Enhanced modes, which are perfect for creating convincing surround sound from unencoded sources like CDs.

Discuss "NAD Electronics T 747 and T 737 AV Receivers" here. Read the article.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm very curious.. Any plans for running a complete "Audiholics" test on this receiver? I'm very curious with about their power ratings.

stewtopia

stewtopia

Audiophyte
Picking mine up next Thursday. Will write a review in a few weeks.

It came highly recommended from my Home Theater guys. Said he had installed 3-4 already and likes them a lot.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
That sounds like a lot of money for not a lot of power. I mean, I know NAD makes good stuff, but:eek::confused:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
NAD Electronics introduced two new AV receivers: the T 747 ($1,299) and T 737 ($799). The T 747 AV receiver features 60 watts (x7) channels and uses high-current discrete output devices. The T 747 also includes the newest lossless audio CODECs from Dolby and DTS, including TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. The T 737 delivers 40 watts to each of its seven channels. Its three surround modes automatically cater to multichannel-encoded DVDs using Dolby Digital EX and DTS ES, encoded two-channel recordings with Dolby ProLogic IIx and DTS Neo:6, and NAD's own EARS and Stereo Enhanced modes, which are perfect for creating convincing surround sound from unencoded sources like CDs.

Discuss "NAD Electronics T 747 and T 737 AV Receivers" here. Read the article.

Its been 3 monthes since I asked you this question. Again I ask, Will you be providing a full report on these units including detailed power tests? Its only polite to return an answer of yes or no.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
That sounds like a lot of money for not a lot of power. I mean, I know NAD makes good stuff, but:eek::confused:
Unlike Denon or Yamaha, they are conservative on their power measurements in the same way as Harmon Kardon.

V

Vracer111

Audioholic
I just got my NAD T747 last Thursday. Very impressed with it so far, though I don't have much experience with higher end receivers (just Pioneer and Sony low end). Have demoed mid range/high end Denons and Onkyo receivers at Fry's selecting the exact same speaker models I have in my 5.1 system though (All Polk Audio; RTi-A5 fronts, CSi-A4 center, FXi-A6 surrounds, and PSW PRO 500 sub.) First thing I did after getting the speakers connected (added banana connects to receiver side of wiring) and settings configured was play the intro chase sequence and song of "Quantam of Solace" in DTS.
Center channel had really good volume level (all speakers at deafult 0 dB gain level settings in receiver), there were sounds I hadn't heard before, and man the bass to midrange response on the gunshots was definately more punchy and very lifelike.

Even with a 60 WATT/channel rating there is plenty of power to make you go deaf quick...along with having your chest massaged by the bass at high levels. I'll take NAD's "60 WPC" over others 100+WPC.... Music sounds really good at 0 dB reference level with hearing protection on... :D But even at a subdued -40 dB level music is incredible, the entire frequency range is crystal clear with bass extremely well defined in Stereo mode.

The function menu is done via on screen display which works great, but would be nice if the front display could be used for displaying and configuring settings as well, I hate to turn on the projector just to mess with audio settings.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
NAD, hein!

^ That sounds pretty good so far.

And very true about their power ratings being conservative.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis