Samsung HT-BD8200 Sound Bar with Blu-ray & Netflix

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Samsung HT-BD8200 is a home theater sound bar equipped with a Blu-ray player and wireless subwoofer. This might be the best match I've seen for flat panel TVs in a long time. It's impressive since it features a fully integrated Blu-ray player with Full HD 1080p playback and a virtual 5.1-channel surround sound for a lifelike audio presence. And a wireless subwoofer! It is only 2.6 inches deep and accented with Samsung's Touch of Color design, for a classy, yet cutting-edge look. The included wireless subwoofer means that you can get fuller bass without having to worry about running cables from the sound bar to a corner of the room. It lets you maintain a clean and contemporary look.

Discuss "Samsung HT-BD8200 Sound Bar with Blu-ray & Netflix" here. Read the article.

M

MarStyles

Audiophyte
Preorder the fab Samsung HT-BD8200 soundbar

When may I pre order the Samsung HT-BD8200 soundbar?

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I have a sammy BD2550 and can attest to the awesomeness of the netflix pandora combo. And Samsung is genius playing right into the waf with this soundbar. A wireless sub? Suuuuuwheeeet. This will allow thousands of men who have been nutered by their wive's refusal to allow any of that "ugly" home theatre stuff into the sacred living room. Good job, Samsung.

B

Boltonite

Audiophyte
A couple questions regarding sound bar

I have a couple questions regarding the use of sound bars to home theatre use.

First, can these effectively be used outdoors? Or would this be an inappropriate use for a sound bar since there wouldn't be any walls for the sound to bounce off of?

Second, can these be used indoors in a rear-facing situation so that the sound bar is either in back of or between the viewers/listeners such as in the case where you have an LCD projector?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

C

craigalanmusic

Audiophyte
It's a TOTAL RIP OFF!!!

"I purchased this product a couple weeks ago. I did my research and waited for the ideal product for what I was looking for. This product boasts a lot, but fails to follow through.
- BluRay player was faulty right out of the box
- streaming movies and music glithces and freezes and the navigational features malfunction
- Sound is awful, subwoofer is too loud and the high levels are quiet. On top of that the options to adjust the audio are inadequate, all you can do is increase or decrease the decibles on the bar and subwoofer....which doesn't do anything for the awful mix levels.
- inputs are minimal, you only have an optical in for audio and THAT"S IT!! This means that you have to run your cable and any other device to your TV then run the optical cable to the speaker unit. Why don't they have the inputs to receive all devices to the unit and then only need to run the video to the TV? This wouldn't be an issue exect the sound quality is poor going to the TV then to the unit and there is no way to adjust it properly.

On top of all that, I tried calling in to Customer Support to get a replacement or have them fix mine...(remember the blu-ray player doesn't work) and they say they can't just send a replacement, I have to pay to ship it to them and wait a 3-4 weeks for them to fix it and get it back to me. i tell them I am not paying for faulty brand new equipment, they say they will send me a pre-paid shipping label and I would have it by email in a few minutes. It has now been over a week and dozens of phone calls and I still don't have it.

All this could be overlooked if I paid very little for this sleek, feature rich peice of trash...but it's $800!!!!!

Samsung Customer Care is the worst I've seen in a while AND this product is a total RIP OFF!!!!"

RedBank

RedBank

Enthusiast
Just saw this in the new Crutchfield...

Looked great in the mag...and im about to upgrade my receiver with an Onkyo TX-SR607 and then replace my current 5.1 Panasonic speakers accordingly. Have a brand new 50" Plasma Im building around.

Has anyone else heard or seen any feedback on this Samsung model??? craigalanmusic's review pretty much changed my mind on it

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis