Paradigm Signature Sub 25 Eliminates Power Conditioners

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Paradigm Electronics Inc. has started shipping its most powerful and intelligent subwoofer ever: the Signature SUB 25. Recognizing that on-demand power is the essence of subwoofer performance, Paradigm has designed the SUB 25 to effectively harness and optimize AC line current for optimal performance. With the optional room correction system, you've got a sub, its own dedicated power conditioner, and a 4 sub room correction system. Now all you need is a little over $16,000...

Discuss "Paradigm Signature Sub 25 Eliminates Power Conditioners" here. Read the article.

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
Good luck getting 3000 Watts continuous

Good luck getting 3000 Watts continuous out of a 120V circuit. Make sure you run the 230V if you want to test the amp.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Paradigm Electronics Inc. has started shipping its most powerful and intelligent subwoofer ever: the Signature SUB 25. Recognizing that on-demand power is the essence of subwoofer performance, Paradigm has designed the SUB 25 to effectively harness and optimize AC line current for optimal performance. With the optional room correction system, you've got a sub, its own dedicated power conditioner, and a 4 sub room correction system. Now all you need is a little over $16,000...

Discuss "Paradigm Signature Sub 25 Eliminates Power Conditioners" here. Read the article.

9 HZ extention. Amazing. what source material out there goes that low? Anybody?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Pipe organ music, or the Irene scene in Black Hawk Down... I hear the helicopter blades have some super low bass extension.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Pipe organ music
According to TLSguy the lowest stop on the big pipe organs is tuned to 17Hz. Thats a long way from 9Hz.

For $16,000 you could build 4 REALY good subs, send them out for pro veneering and finishing and have pocket change left over for a trip or 400 to McDonalds. :D

I wonder what the dealer margin is on one of those things?

J

jamie2112

Banned
That is wwwaaayyyy overpriced.....IMO of course....:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have 4 of them playing in my room right now.

Scratch that, turns out to be just one AV Lab Dawg Crusher making all that deep, tight noise in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I'll call BS on Paradigms marketing hype at this point... That sub may be able to produce usable output at 9hz in a closet, but in my 8200^3 room it will offer no advantage to me then one of my single heavy duty 15" drivers.

9Hz doesn't mean it will have usable output at 9Hz. No single commercial subwoofer can reproduce a 9Hz tone at usable volume (110dB). It also doesn't say whether it is flat to 9Hz, which is impossible without EQ. It can be 15dB down at 9 Hz, which is not so "good".

I'm sure it has built in EQ but I doubt that sub offers any more linear excursion then my TC3000 or possibly even the TC2000.

It is very nice to see that Paradigm is stepping up to the plate to replace their long overdue need to upgrade their line of subs. The Servo 15 .v2 is a pretty darn good sub, but Andrew/avaserfi, me as well as others that have used measured super drivers will attest to the superior SQ over that sub.

Paradigm is a very proficient manufacturer of its own in house drivers, but the price of this sub is reaching in terms of value. JL walked that line and did very well, but in the end you can acquire an F113 for $2200-2300 new with warranty.

I will be happy to build you a sub that easily performs as well for far less then 1/3 that price...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis